Organic Darjeeling Estate

Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “I had this tea at a local cafe this morning on the top of Nob Hill. I wasn't really expecting much, but I was pleasantly surprised by this one. The tea was served in a 16 oz. pint glass and I had...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2168 tasting notes
  • “This is another sneakily nabbed tea from the pub where my boyfriend works. It's been a while since I've had darjeeling. This one is rather peppery, especially in the scent, and sort of herbal...” Read full tasting note
    tabby 457 tasting notes
  • “went to Tea with my sister and her old and dear friend. it was lovely. wonderful tea and wonderful company. http://instagram.com/p/ZwBRCVIcxt/ http://instagram.com/p/ZwBYJmIcx1/” Read full tasting note
    shmiracles 712 tasting notes
  • “A delightful, mild darjeeling. It called to me when I started baking bread for the house earlier. This rainy Seattle day needed something warming. I really love the almost honey-like sweetness this...” Read full tasting note
    booboorocksout 47 tasting notes

From Mighty Leaf Tea

Black tea from Darjeeling, India, the Organic Darjeeling Estate first flush Darjeeling tea leaves are sourced from the venerable Mim estate. These silver tipped black tea leaves yield a fruity and floral flavor resulting in an aromatic and memorable cup. Picked in the spring from a 140-year-old garden, the farm is tucked away in the mountain folds of India’s Darjeeling region.

About Mighty Leaf Tea View company

Mighty Leaf Tea was born for the sole purpose of infusing life into an ancient indulgence by creating tea products that reach new heights of quality and innovation. Our passion is creating the most incredible handcrafted tea blends found anywhere, globally sourcing the finest ingredients available. Paralleling the highest standards of quality at Mighty Leaf Tea is ongoing creative innovation.

I had this tea at a local cafe this morning on the top of Nob Hill. I wasn’t really expecting much, but I was pleasantly surprised by this one. The tea was served in a 16 oz. pint glass and I had one tea pouch.

This is a light bodied tea with an organish-brown color and a delicate aroma. The tea was extremely fruity with notes of peach and a big, juicy muscatel finish. It was devoid of astringency and was a bit on the sweeter side. I did steep the same bag again and the second step was nice but definitely not as flavorful as steep #1. I’m surprised to see the bad reviews of this since I thought it was quite nice and I’ve been drinking a lot of darjeelings these past few months.

There isn’t any information on their website about what flush it is. I was able to see some darker leaves in addition to a few olive ones. My guess is it’s a blend of second and first flush teas. The note here on Steepster says it’s from the Mim estate, which I’ve never even heard of.

I’m already swimming in darjeeling but I might be tempted to pick up some of the tea pouches, especially for travel.

ScottTeaMan

The description says FF, but can’t really tell from the pic.

TeaBrat

Ah, you’re right. I missed that… anyway it was good!

ScottTeaMan

I remember getting A FF from Upton’s a couple years ago that was cheap, but still quite good, and I actually thought that it would be better cold. It was during the Winter though, and really cold-so no cold tea. :-//

This is another sneakily nabbed tea from the pub where my boyfriend works.

It’s been a while since I’ve had darjeeling. This one is rather peppery, especially in the scent, and sort of herbal tasting. The muscatel flavor is definitely there in the forefront, along with a taste that reminds me a bit of oolong for some reason. Like a faint nuttiness. There is a bit of fruit flavor hiding in there, too. It’s actually a lot more complex than I was expecting.

The packet said to brew it for 4 minutes, but honestly, I would maybe do 3:30 instead to cut down on the nutty, slightly oversteeped taste. It would keep it from getting harsh or bitter in the finish. Mine hadn’t exactly reached that point, but I could taste it getting there.

went to Tea with my sister and her old and dear friend. it was lovely.
wonderful tea and wonderful company.

Terri HarpLady

That looks awesome!

CHAroma

Aww, what a lovely post!

Amariel

Love the pics!

Yay for tea time!

A delightful, mild darjeeling. It called to me when I started baking bread for the house earlier. This rainy Seattle day needed something warming. I really love the almost honey-like sweetness this tea imparts.

This was my other free sample from Mighty Leaf. On first taste and smell, it reminds me of the Tetley tea. I am drinking it hot with no milk or sugar and enjoying it.

This seems to just be a plain black from the Darjeeling region that they made an organic version of. Plain, yes, but good.

This is exactly the kind of metallic, astringent darjeeling I don’t like. It has a fairly nice muscatel flavour to begin with, but it quickly develops into an iron-like tang. It leaves my mouth dry, too. I generally prefer first flush darjeeling, which might be why I’m not getting along too well with this one. I’m just conscious that I’ve definitely had better, and that spoils it for me. Not a winner, I’m afraid.

Kat gave me this tea. Om nom.

This is the tea they serve at my favourite local cafe. It is mild, nicely scented and the tea bags are loose and very generous. As an iced tea with milk, it is perfection.

I had this at a local tea and coffee shop.
My first taste of this was:
Wow, this is a mild tea.
When I usually drink Darjeeling, I expect some characteristics of it. A light fruity/floral taste (without any notion of added flavorings, of course.)
However, this Darjeeling was rather tasteless, except for the musty dry taste of tea.
A bit of sugar was needed to finish what was in the end a rather dull and unentertaining tea.