Ceylon Black Tea, Cinnamon, Orange Peels, Safflowers
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Nina's Tea USA

• “The scent of the dry leaf is powerful. I do not mean overwhelming. It is powerful in the sense I really like it. It's orange followed by cinnamon. Once steeped the wet leaf also presents its black...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1303 tasting notes
  • “Dry, this one smells very delicious. Definitely a winter or autumn type tea. It has an orange and cinnamon smell. A bit spicey. Reminds me of Bigelow's Constant Comment. Brewed, this one...” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 764 tasting notes
  • “I expected to love this tea. It's ok but not great. It lacks the orange flavor I expected. I could smell it when I opened the baggie so I thought the orange would be the prominent taste. Its just...” Read full tasting note
    Sandy'sCuppa 29 tasting notes
  • “Yum! Piping hot, this is a stunning tea. I gotta say it again. YUM! It reminds me of red berries. Plum and strawberry and I'm not sure what else. Rather mild, but in a pleasing way. Then as it...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1299 tasting notes

From Nina's Paris

Orange, cinnamon, safflowers
The tang of oranges infused with the mystery of cinnamon creates a blend that is certain to invigorate and stimulate your mind.

About Nina's Paris View company

The scent of the dry leaf is powerful. I do not mean overwhelming. It is powerful in the sense I really like it. It’s orange followed by cinnamon. Once steeped the wet leaf also presents its black tea aroma.

Cinnamon can easily overwhelm and orange can taste like candy. Neither is the case here. This is well balanced light cup.

Given the description of stimulate and invigorate I was expecting a big bold cup. I find it to be more of a relaxed cup. I would sip this on a lazy afternoon – like today. I find it a nice introspective cup rather than invigorating. That is not a bad thing. Sometimes I just want a peaceful cup.

Thank you Nina’s Tea for the sample.

Dry, this one smells very delicious. Definitely a winter or autumn type tea. It has an orange and cinnamon smell. A bit spicey. Reminds me of Bigelow’s Constant Comment.

Brewed, this one tastes more strongly of cinnamon than it does of orange. There is definitely an orange flavour but it is very light. It is a much more sweet orange flavour vs a tart orange rind flavour. The cinnamon is spicey and sweet but it is not hot spicey. The cinnamon adds a natural sweetness to the tea. This one very much reminds me of sipping tea with an orange slice in it. As I have found with all of Nina’s Paris teas, the black base is smooth, moderately bold, there is no astringency. It blends very well with the ingredients in this tea. The safflower petals add a very slight cake-y or pastry taste to this one. It kind of reminds me of a cinnamon nut bread. I think I would have liked it to have a bit more orange taste, but overall it is delicious!

I expected to love this tea. It’s ok but not great. It lacks the orange flavor I expected. I could smell it when I opened the baggie so I thought the orange would be the prominent taste. Its just not there. Once steeped I couldn’t even smell orange just a spicy sweetness. Now as a spiced black it was good, had a nice flavor and I enjoyed it. But I rated it on being a orange tea and this just wasn’t orange.

K S

I expected it to be intense as well. Once I gave up on the idea, I decided it was a nice enough lightly flavored cup. Sure smells good.

Yum!
Piping hot, this is a stunning tea. I gotta say it again. YUM!
It reminds me of red berries. Plum and strawberry and I’m not sure what else. Rather mild, but in a pleasing way.
Then as it cools, I get more citrus and spice. Very well blended. I like that part as well, but not quite as much. If only I could convince my tea to stay warmer longer. Perhaps I’ll try it in a double walled my next time. If I remember.
Thank you for the sample Lala!

This smelled so amazing, as most orange teas do but like all other orange teas, I am not a fan. It is warm and cozy thanks to the cinnamon but I just don’t really like citrus teas. For those who do like orange teas, this is worth a try but it is not for me. Nonetheless, thank you Laurent and Sophie at Nina’s Paris for the chance to try this tea.