Jasmine Green

Floral, Flowers, Green, Jasmine
Tea Bag
Medium
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

From Numi Organic Tea

Fair-trade certified organic green tea scented with real jasmine blossoms.

About Numi Organic Tea View company

I’m trying to UfYH (look it up, beware the cursing) starting with my closet, and I’ve already been cleaning for 45 minutes and it’ll probably take at least another half hour. And then I’ll have a ton of clothes to put in my dresser instead of the floor in there. But oh well, gotta start somewhere. Already have 2 bags and 2 boxes of stuff to take to Goodwill.

I just drove back home too by the way, which was quite…odd. All of a sudden traffic stopped and I called my dad to see if the 511 website had the …511, as the phone call did nothing. He said it said animal in road. So immediately I’m like oh god I don’t want to see this. But finally I got past it and five cops were over with…a horse and a cow.

Sebastian the parakeet now chirps on his car rides which I guess is a good thing for entertaining himself for 2+ hours since we always hit traffic.

So, I’m too lazy for loose leaf right now and I pulled this from the sampler box. It’s your standard jasmine green. Really, there is nothing that remarkable about it, but it’s not terrible. It’s not like drinking perfume.

It seemed pretty light in flavor overall though.

With Sunday brunch at cafe de la presse.

A nice tea but I prefer straight green over a jasmine green. I think the cup that the cafe gave me was too big for this little tea bag though because it was a bit weak.

The aroma is very soothing. It did not taste like. I was drinking a flower. The tea was smooth and one cup got rid of an “excedrin level” headache!!!

A nice Jasmine taste with pleasant tasting green leaf base. Not at all bitter or astringent, but fairly flavourful.

Flavors: Floral, Flowers, Green, Jasmine

190 °F / 87 °C 4 min, 0 sec 20 OZ / 600 ML

It can be challenging to get a good brew out of a bagged green tea, but this one is hard to go wrong with. Neither the jasmine scent or tea base itself are overly imposing, and they come together nicely for a pleasant, if mild, blend. Refreshing on warm days and especially busy afternoons.

(I’m back after a hectic few months of career changes and other things to keep me busy. It’s nice to be on Steepster again and see that everyone is still enjoying the community and sharing a cup. I haven’t had time to be very adventurous with tea-drinking for a while. But now that I’m more settled down, hopefully that will change!)

Grr. Steepster ate my note.

This is a tea from the Numi Sampler collection I picked up a while ago. I drank it while playing World War IV with my husband and two of his brothers. It was only the second time we’ve played, and the first time we’ve finished. After playing for several hours over the course of two days the game ended in a draw. None of us were playing nearly aggressively enough. Now we know for next time, which will probably not be until we go on vacation this summer. It’s hard to find time to play such a long game with young kids.

This tea was a solid jasmine green, but pretty unremarkable. I added a couple splashes of cold water to the boiling water, and then added the teabag. The green tea was present and smooth, but doesn’t add anything special. The jasmine flavor is present, but not quite as strong as I prefer. I would definitely drink this if it was offered to me, but won’t go out of my way to buy it.

Flavors: Green, Jasmine

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

So good! I’ve tried another brand of Jasmine Green, and it was just too strong and the green tea too bitter every time. This tea is just right, the jasmine smells amazing and the green tea is smooth and not bitter. I drank a whole box in about 2 weeks, this tea is my new afternoon obsession.

Flavors: Floral, Green, Jasmine

165 °F / 73 °C 3 min, 30 sec 10 OZ / 295 ML

Standard Jasmine green tea. nothing special. I was cleaning out tea bags to give to a friend since I rarely/if ever use tea bags anymore and I thought I would try a few again before I passed them along just to make sure. I’m torn. Do I give It away or keep it? It’s not bad. I just love the flavor and smell of a strong jasmine. Think I’ll give it away. It’s a light scent. Nothing wrong with the taste. it’s just not special. And I’m sure I have other great choices to pick from so this one would get skipped over a lot.

I do believe I’ve come to the conclusion that I like flowers. At least, I like them in my tea. I tend to kill them in my backyard, but I very much enjoy them in my tea. At the risk of sounding ridiculous, the smell and taste of this made me feel happy and productive. Not exactly energized, but more like “yeah…okay…I guess I could do stuff right now.” I’m definitely okay with having more teas like this in my life. This is my second tea from my Numi sampler box and I’m thinking there is more Numi in my future.

Flavors: Jasmine