2010 Menghai Dayi HongYun Pu-erh Tea Cake

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by mrmopar

From PuerhShop.com

A small premium 100 grams tea cake is flavoured with mellow, pure in aromatic smell. It brews a ruby red soup, sweet and thick.

Thanks to its long history and rich experience, Menghai Tea Factory makes the best of ripen teas, this one is no exception and it’s of high collection value.

Pu-erh Tea Cake 100g Vintage 2010 Premium class Fermented Loose tea leaves Caffeine: Moderate

About PuerhShop.com View company

Wow – this is delicious. Overnight it seems like I’ve become a Menghai factory tea convert!

This little cake is 100 grams and comes in a cute red box, well what more could you ask for?

I broke off a small piece and did two short steeps in the gaiwan for around 30 seconds to make the cup of tea I am drinking now. This has a slight “forest floor” aroma but it just really smooth, creamy, slightly sweet and with a bit of fruity aftertaste. Smells a bit musty, but IMO no weird “off” flavors like barnyard, fishy, etc. But I always rinse my puerh in boiling water before the first steep.

Definitely a tasty little shu. I wish I had more time to linger over this one but I have to get myself ready for the SF International Tea Festival today!!!

ashmanra

I think I am going to have to check them out. Birthday in a few weeks…I am making a list of puerhs!

TeaBrat

I think you might like this one. :)

mrmopar

very good tea but i think the 2009 is a little better(aging adds to it)

very similar to the 2009 cake tight cake very good flavor. I think I will let this cake age a few years it should be even better.

★★★★
I previously reviewed the 2008 Dayi HongYun Pu-erh, I loved it, and have bought several since. I haven’t changed my view on this tea, other than—it’s grown on me quite a bit since my first review.

Also, I highly recommend PuerhShop.com, I’ve been a customer for several years, and I really appreciate the quality and service. Thank you Pu-erh Shop! :)

Tea Notes:
Delicious. Earthy and rich in flavor with a hint of sweetness on the nose. Nice leathery and woodsy flavor notes, a well-rounded Pu-erh. I steep my Pu-erh’s a lot longer than most, because I enjoy them strong, so my reviews might be skewed compared to other people’s liking. The first and second steep are great with this tea, but its rich flavor fades, thins out past where I like it by the third steeping. But that’s not really a negative for me. Delicious and Affordable.

My Ratings…