Tropical Green Tea

Citrusy, Mint
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

Available from 1 seller.

From Revolution Tea

You are about to enjoy the most exciting green tea on the planet! Revolution Tea’s Tropical Green is a natural blend of Dragonwell green tea, Young Hyson and pineapple flavoring. Rich in flavor, this award-winning tea will convert anyone to the wonders of green tea.

About Revolution Tea View company

Picked this one up at a Pilot truck stop a while ago. I had quite disappointing experiences with the other sachets I picked up, so I wasn’t expecting much from this one, but such is cupboard cleaning: sometimes you drink teas you’re not the biggest fan of.

The dry sachet smelled very generically tropical; I could maybe pick out pinapple? But also worringly artificial. I’m starting get a bit skittish about some fruit tea blends since they can go so wrong so fast for me. Anyway, when I brewed it, it was better than I was expecting. That’s not saying much, but the aroma is decently pleasant and not too fake or sickly-sweet smelling. The green tea isn’t obliterated in the aroma or the taste, which is nice. It tastes fairly generically tropical, like it smells, but it’s decent enough. I was surprised to see that there is mint in this, since the combo of mint and tropical fruit sounds horrible and wrong to me, but while the mint flavor is definitely noticable, I don’t hate it. Overall, it’s not a terribly exciting tea, but not so bad that I won’t drink the whole cup.

It brews into a pretty copper tea scented with mint and pineapple. The mint is somewhat overpowering in the brew and there is a slight bitterness. Overall it smells better than it tastes. Another tea that must be re-homed. My kitchen is the Home for Wayward Teas.

TeaEqualsBliss

I have liked their stuff so far. This is good to know, however, haven’t tried this one yet. Thanks!

Premium and Full Leaf? Hardly. The smell of the tea is good, which is why I bought some. The taste as others have said is overly minty which hides the green tea taste and does not feel very tropical. I bought the tea out of convience since it is pre-bagged loose leaf but was sad to see the actual condition of the leaves. They are small pieces not at all what good Dragon’s Well looks like and I saw notable amounts of tea dust, probably accounting for some of the bitterness. In the future I will just pre bag my own good loose leaf tea and skip the “convienience” factor.

My humans included this tea from their pantry in the Green Tea Extravaganza. http://is.gd/bJPQb

I bought a sampler of Revolution Tea at World Market. This bagged tea is pleasant but not exactly something I’d go out of my way to purchase. I taste tropical fruits but it doesn’t seem to give me a single obvious note. I managed to get two steepings out of my bag.

This is quite delightful! It’s good on its own or as part of an iced tea pitcher. It has a very fresh flavor.

2043 tasting notes

In spite of the fact that I have way too much tea, I do tend to be very frugal and try to use what I have or give it away, not just toss a bad one. This one was a little bitter and sour to me hot. I honestly didn’t know anyone who would just love to get their hands on this, so I decided to try it iced. If I make a few big pitchers of it, it will all be used up and I will have saved some of my favorites for more special occasions.

My youngest daughter and I tried it today and it was good. I don’t mind drinking this at all now that it is cold. I used four tea bags for my Bodum iced tea pitcher. I poured a liter of 174F water in and steeped for three minutes, removed the bags, and added water to the top of the pitcher. Then I chilled it in the refrigerator.

The tea is now smoother and I do taste the green. The pineapple is okay but when hot it has the bitter pineapple taste and I wanted a sweeter, more candy like one. With the tea cold, the mint is more refreshing and I am enjoying it more, especially with our 105F heat index. That’s around 40C for you metric system folks. My daughter was just sure I had sweetened it and was surprised when I told her it was absolutely plain.

I have a feeling we will be done with this whole box of tea really soon.

I got this through a fundraiser so at least so ex good came from it. I had purchased tropical green blends before from my local tea shop and figured it would be similar to the green mango that I enjoyed so much. Sadly, I was wrong. I tried shorter steep times, longer steep times, blending it with a plain green tea to cut the flavor a bit. Nothing worked through the whole dang box. As several people have said already it has an odd minty flavor to it that overpowers the green flavor and whatever tropical was they were going for. I finally made a few lattes to kill off the box and they weren’t awful but next time I try to support my cousin’s school I’m getting something else.

Flavors: Citrusy, Mint

3 min, 45 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

I had a pyramid bag of this tea in my travel mug for breakfast. It’s not bad.

The tropical fruit flavor hits right up front in the sip. I got pineapple and mango. There’s no mango or mango flavoring in here, but that’s what I tasted. The fruitiness gently fades into green-tea-ness. I had trouble figuring out how to describe it. Not vegetal, grassy, or seaweedy, but definitely very green. Each sip left my mouth feeling slightly dry. This tea is better as it cools because the tropical flavor lasts longer through the sip. It would probably be good as an iced tea.

I got a sample of this in my monthly Love With Food box. The package says to brew “just under boiling.” I’m no green tea expert, but that seems too hot to me. However, it didn’t matter either way, since I’m at way work and only have one “hot” setting here. I think I may bring my thermometer and find out exactly what temperature it is. Whatever it is, it worked out well enough for this tea. Brewing, there was a strong pineapple scent. I’m almost not getting that in the taste though. At the very beginning of the sip, its almost as though a pineapple just rolled by my face; the tiniest hint of pineapple is there. Then it’s all green tea. And I’m not getting any of the mint everyone else mentioned! Overall not terrible, but not great.