Kashmir Rose

Edit tea info Last updated by peachrain
Boiling 3 min, 45 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

From Simpson & Vail

The marriage of spice and floral, creates an unusually bold, strong and spicy blend with a sweet and subtle rose aftertaste.

Brew tea at 212º – steep for 3 minutes.

Contains: Rose Congou black tea, rose petals, natural cardamom flavor.

About Simpson & Vail View company

Tea of the morning here and a sipdown…

I have really enjoyed this tea. I love cardamom and the rose is also really nice in this blend because it’s subtle and not “in your face” perfume-y or girly. This is great with a splash of soymilk. Might need more of this…. it isn’t that easy to find a cardamom tea.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Just upped the rating on this after discovering adding sugar makes it so tasty! Excellent way to start the cold morning.

TeaEqualsBliss

Simpson & Vail is a great company! I like many of their teas! Nice people, too!

This has been one of my favorite teas in my stash since I first found it (I think that was in the middle or late-middle of last year). I could review this without having just had a pot of it, but I just had a pot and wanted to log this before making another pot.

I brew it in my pot with with boiling water for 5 minutes. Of course, as time goes on (it takes an hour to 3 or even 4 hours for me to drink a pot because I enjoy it slowly), the flavor changes. At first, the rose and the cardamom stand out separately, and the tea has a kind of kick, like it has black pepper in it (it apparently doesn’t). The flavors do tend to blend after a while, and it keeps the kick. After blending, it tastes spicily floral with a nice kick (it keeps the kick all the way through). I like it the whole way through, but YMMV. It isn’t what I’d call sweet, by the way.

I’ll get off now and have another pot. I sometimes like to listen to Led Zeppelin’s “Kashmir” while drinking it. Heh. That’s fun.

Very nice blend. Two of my favorite scents and flavors. I really like this one

Wow! This tea!!! I like this tea just a whole lot. I also love that the samples from Simpson & Vail are HUGE so I have enough to have it several times. It tastes almost like an Earl Grey chai thingie. Rose and cardamom, my very favorite spice. This is really smooth, not bitter at all. It is even good cold as I got on a phone call and forgot to take it to go and left. When I came home, it was cold and still very very delicious. The rose isn’t obnoxious – this is just really nice tea and I will likely keep this one stocked. As I tried to add the flavor notes from drop down below – I was interested to see that cannabis is a choice and cardamom isn’t which made me LOL.

this IS nice :)

I received a sample of this from Marcel Duchamp! After falling in love with a green chai with the name Kashmiri, the similar name of this tea is intriguing.

I’m smelling rose and cardamon when the tea is steeped. Wow, rose and cardamon go really well together! I used to work next door to this shop that sold a specific type of middle eastern food (the exact country is escaping my memory) and they would have desserts that I would get regularly. Most had rosewater in them, but one ice cream was rose and cardamon, which is why this tea is bringing back that memories.

The tea is really smooth and I’m not getting any bitterness. I’m finding I like it just as much with as without sugar. The cardamon is strong, but not overpowering which is a really impressive balance. The rose merges so well with the cardamon that it is hard to pick out on it’s own at times. The tea looses it’s smooth edge just slightly once the cup has cooled. I really like it, but I haven’t decided if it is a must have or not. Maybe I’ll know in a few more cups.

Jen

As someone with a Cardamon Problem (ahem), I’ll have to snap this one up!

Dustin

Well in that case… you should check out Zhi Tea’s chais. They LOAD them with cardamon! You have to love cardamon to appreciate them, otherwise they are just overkill!

I like this one :)

MzPriss

I have a cardamom problem as well, and I do like Zhi’s chais. My favorite is the Steeping Room’s House Chai. All of the spices are very up front but nicely balanced, and the cardamom is definitely very present. I’m going to have to try this one as I also like rose.

TeaBrat

Bombay breakfast from the Jasmine Pearl tea merchant is also good.