Golden Monkey

Honey, Yams
Edit tea info Last updated by Geoffrey Norman

From Tao Tea Leaf

This is our most popular black tea, is one of Fu Jian province’s famous black teas. This is also one of the oldest black teas in the world and one of the earliest teas to be exported to foreign countries. Only tea leaves picked from early spring season.

About Tao Tea Leaf View company

Waaaooow. So so tasty!! I’ve been craving a Chinese black tea for awhile and I guess this hit the mark.
Cocoa was really at the forefront here. It wasn’t grating at all, the way I found it last time.
I have maybe two more steeps of this left. Looks like I have a sipdown on the way!!
If only I hadn’t been given a few tea samples for my cupboard today to replace it ;P

This is the second Golden Monkey I’ve ever tried. I think – as a result – I might be going through a Chinese “red tea” phase. Or rather, gold tea. Golden Yunnans and Golden Monkey have overtaken all other black teas in my mind; save for Darjeelings. This Golden Monkey is no exception – sweet, nectary, mildly muscatel, light, yet revitalizing. And the best part? REALLY quick to brew. This could almost give Yunnan Golden Needles a run for their money. Almost.

Full Review: http://www.teaviews.com/2011/01/06/review-tao-tea-leaf-golden-monkey-2/

Leaf- Whole, and a very pretty gold hue
Aroma- Cocoa, Honey Scent (brewed)- Sweet Potatoes
Liquor- Dark amber
Taste- Smooth, Sweet, Honey and Yam flavours

Flavors: Honey, Yams