Afternoon Darjeeling

Edit tea info Last updated by

• “Tried this in the afternoon with a bit of half and half AND a bag of Celestial Seasonings' Country Peach. I added the peach after removing the bags of Darjeeling (OK, it was a big mug, OK? So I...” Read full tasting note
    mamamiau 123 tasting notes
  • “I made a pot of this earlier! I like my darjeeling weak and milky, so the fact that Betty's loose teas are weak unless you use double the amount of tea per person is a mixed blessing. Even when it...” Read full tasting note
    macaronic 82 tasting notes
  • “desperate for strong tea in the morning, i'm now drinking afternoon darjeeling. call it an act of rebellion. i find it almost as strong as my beloved Twinings Irish Breakfast. i found it as bag tea...” Read full tasting note
    AmandaEarl 60 tasting notes
  • “I love darjeelings. I drank it without milk. Next time I may steep it slightly less. It is an enjoyable darjeeling blend. Certainly there are much better estate darjeelings, but if you are...” Read full tasting note
    johnrush 12 tasting notes

From Taylors of Harrogate

Our tea is selected from the highest gardens in the foothills of the Himalayan mountains at the peak of the growing season when the tea is at its best. Only then does the tea have the subtle muscatel flavour, the result of a unique combination of cool misty climate, high altitude, rich soil and careful plucking and handling.

Known as ‘the champagne of teas’, our Afternoon Darjeeling is perfect for serving with cakes and pastries in the afternoon.
Serve on its own or with milk or lemon.

About Taylors of Harrogate View company

Tried this in the afternoon with a bit of half and half AND a bag of Celestial Seasonings’ Country Peach. I added the peach after removing the bags of Darjeeling (OK, it was a big mug, OK? So I used 2 bags of Darjeeling!) and left it in.

YUM, what an afternoon treat!

But do not add stevia unless you really like stevia. Agave or honey or plain old sugar would have been nicer, if (as I thought I did) you really wanted something sweet.

I made a pot of this earlier! I like my darjeeling weak and milky, so the fact that Betty’s loose teas are weak unless you use double the amount of tea per person is a mixed blessing. Even when it got strong it wasn’t /too/ strong— it’s probably difficult to scald this one. Good Darjeeling, not as strong as regular types!

Barb

You may find this hard to believe, but I had no idea what you were talking about with “Betty.” So I went looking, and only then discovered the relationship between Bettys and Taylors of Harrowgate! I haven’t been in England in many years but if I ever get back and there is still a Bettys in Harrowgate (or elsewhere) I will make a point of visiting. And will think of you!

meliorate

Oh, I’m glad you’ve discovered Betty’s now! :D Personally I don’t know much about the companies but I have visited the Betty’s of Harrogate (lovely place, alas, the lady who served me scalded my green tea) and the Betty’s of York is wonderful, I hear.

Barb

It’s unlikely I actually will get to visit Bettys but I would love to. If I ever get back to the UK I’ll be haunting tea shops, yarn shops/spinneries, and wild “gothick” countryside!

desperate for strong tea in the morning, i’m now drinking afternoon darjeeling. call it an act of rebellion. i find it almost as strong as my beloved Twinings Irish Breakfast. i found it as bag tea in my local grocery store. first thing in the morning, i am not competent enough to handle tea leaves. this tea is good with a long steeping, at least five minutes, a sugar cube & a wee dollup of milk.

I love darjeelings. I drank it without milk. Next time I may steep it slightly less. It is an enjoyable darjeeling blend. Certainly there are much better estate darjeelings, but if you are looking for a robust everyday darjeeling this is a good option.

Not just for Afternoons! A refreshing darjeeling.

simple, clean and nice flavor, not that strong
it goes well with milk, after i finish it i put couple of drops of lemon extract,
great,, as the description, it’s definitely for sweet cakes.

This is a perfect tea for morning, when I haven’t yet woken up, or relaxing any time. I love the delicate flavor, and it’s perfect with just a tiny bit of sugar, honey, stevia, or my favorite, French Vanilla Coffeemate creamer. One of my favorite teas. :)

I wasn’t very impressed with this tea. Much too mild for my taste, but it’s a good choice for lazy afternoons.

I’m surprised that no one has reviewed this one yet! This darjeeling is pretty great, honestly. It has a lighter flavor than other darjeelings I’ve tried, and is quite a soothing cup after stressful days at work. This one is definitely worth a try!