Black Chai Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by The Persimmon Tree

• “While packing up my room, as I am moving to San Luis Obsipo this weekend after signing my lease on saturday, I sipped on this with breakfast. I love all chai's and I was very satisfied with this...” Read full tasting note
    Mnoelle225 206 tasting notes
  • “*Marco Polo TTB* I made this on the stove top with whole milk and dark brown sugar to share with my chai loving husband. In the beginning I get lightly spiced cookie (Myhusband thought...” Read full tasting note
    NayLynn 211 tasting notes
  • “Ooooch, wow! Yup, that's a chai! The spices are intense in this and exactly what I'd expect from a chai! Adding cream and sugar mellows out the spices a little. I prefer my chais to be a little...” Read full tasting note
    Dustin2Dust 469 tasting notes

From The Persimmon Tree Tea Company

The Masala Chai tea, a fusion of organic Assam loose-leaf tea anchored in cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and other spices, is finely balanced to create the perfect aromatic blend. The Marsala Chai tea is also delicious with milk and sugar.

About The Persimmon Tree Tea Company View company

While packing up my room, as I am moving to San Luis Obsipo this weekend after signing my lease on saturday, I sipped on this with breakfast. I love all chai’s and I was very satisfied with this one. Probably one of my new favorites. As it sits though and cools it does tend to get bitter. I will have to try this one as a latte and iced:) Very happy with this persimmon tree tea.

El Monstro

Central coast in the house! Ok I feel slightly embarrassed saying that. We used to have our family reunion in SLO. I took a boat tour in morro bay, fell asleep seasick on said tour, and was attacked by a seagull.

BrewTEAlly Sweet

Wow interesting visit

Marco Polo TTB

In the beginning I get lightly spiced cookie (Myhusband thought shortbread?) yeah, a spiced shortbread cookie. As it cools the spices came out to play a little more. I think I may have been depriving myself of cookies because that is what I got from another one of persimmon tree chais . So it got me thinking, it has been months since I last had a cookie, I will have to fix that soon.

I’m so ready for FALL! I’m jealous of the people I see on here with cool weather already.

Ooooch, wow! Yup, that’s a chai! The spices are intense in this and exactly what I’d expect from a chai! Adding cream and sugar mellows out the spices a little. I prefer my chais to be a little more peppery and hot, but this is a really nice cup too. The cup seems to be pretty well balanced and isn’t too much of one spice or another. It looks like the base might be CTC? It is a good first impression of Persimmon Tree!