Yerba Mate Latte

Herbal Rooibos Yerba maté Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From The Republic of Tea

All Night Samba Herb Tea—Coffee gulpers rejoice when they sip this deep, chocolaty brew. An exotic blend of cocoa and Brazilian mate, featuring small amount of natural caffeine. Rooibos, cactus flowers and almonds add depth to this deep rich brew. Add steamed milk for a creamy herbal latte.

About The Republic of Tea View company

I adore this tea.

Do yourself a favor, though, and buy the loose version of this if given a choice. The bagged version is flat. When I first bought this, I found it in a tiny tin, loose. The flavor was WONDERFUL. Vanilla, nutty, just the right start to an early morning. (I am NOT a morning person.)

When I couldn’t find that version, I purchased the bagged version from the same store. It just doesn’t have the same dimension. I feel like I am drinking it just to finish up the tin now, and I don’t like to do that. :(

Try their Vanilla Almond if you want something vanilla, nutty, and bagged.

When I first got this one it reminded me pretty strongly of Teavana’s Matevana, but I’m starting to think that ultimately Matevana has a bit more to offer, a fuller taste than this one. Which isn’t to say this is bad – it’s a perfectly good mate, and the added flavors do a good job of calming the intensity of the roasted yerba mate. I don’t think I’ll be buying this one again though.

Had this yesterday as my morning tea. It was the loose leaf version, and I REALLY liked it. Can’t remember how long I steeped it (probably either six or eight minutes) but with a dash of honey and almond milk, it tasted just like a hazelnut latte! It gave me a good energy boost too, without the jitters or seriously upset stomach that I get from coffee.

Boiling

This tea has a mellow hint of cocoa. Being a strong lover of dark chocolate, I find adding a bit more honey than usual accentuates the flavor of the tea.

Reminded me of a Mocha/Latte, but watered down. Very aromatic, rich color, and pleasant taste, Good way to fool the coffee club that your in.

This has been one of my favorite speciality teas! It has a rich nutty/ chocolate flavor. Great with desserts.

Interesting. I can mostly taste the rooibos, which is a little disappointing because I don’t really like rooibos, but it isn’t too bad here. The aroma is chocolatey, and the taste is sweet and a bit like honey (the rooibos), nutty, with a little cocoa. It’s definitely unique and something that will be just the thing when I’m in the mood for it.

Out of all the Republic of Tea offerings, this one remains my favorite! I brew the loose-leaf variety in my office. I’ve been brewing it using a Mr. Coffee Coffee Brewer, and it works fine.

I looked at the Breville One-Touch Teamaker. Reviews I read were somewhat mixed. There were concerns about plastic parts exposed to the heating element, and potential health problems as a result.

I’d be curious to hear from others about automatic tea makers they brew Yerba Mate Latte in.

A very light, sweet, vanillla & chocolate taste. So far my favorite from the Republic of Tea!

I tried this one at a coffee shop, and after that bought it for myself at home. I noticed that the amount of water made all the difference in the way this tea turned out. The coffee shop used probably around 10oz of water, while at home I used around 16oz. It seems to get the full effect out of this tea without a burnt taste, I recommend using less water for a stronger taste. This isn’t one where you can just throw it into a to-go thermos, however, when you spend time on it at home it can be excellent! (I’ve found this is the deal with most Republic of Teas I’ve tried so far).

Tastes like most chocolate-style mates I’ve had so far. The specific flowers in this blend soften the flavor (which is the key to most “latte”-style teas, along with wonder that is vanilla). It’s nice to have what’s effectively a latte in taste without resorting to milk of any type, and nice to have a caffeinated herbal tea with this effect (you often find black tea blends of the latte kind, the “Creamy Earl Grey”s and suchlike).