Nutty Almond Cream

Fruit Herbal Blend
Almond, Cream, Cinnamon, Nutty, Nuts, Creamy
Edit tea info Last updated by Mk107

From Tiesta Tea

Sweet almond with apple and cinnamon provide a nutty finish to the soothing blend.

About Tiesta Tea View company

So I made a huge order from Tiesta Tea during the 50% off Black Friday promotion. Most of my order was their smaller sized bags, but for this and a few select others, I opted for the 4oz tin (not like this is a review of the tin but the tin happens to be pretty nice). I’ve been really into creamy teas lately and this one really hits the spot. It’s a bit strange since it looks like you are drinking pink lemonade but it tastes nutty and creamy with a hint of fruit (likely coming from the apple).

Around the edge of my mouth I’m getting a bit of a sour taste probably from the beetroot but it’s not off-putting. I added sweetener, so I imagine it would be more present without.

Happy with this part of my purchase!

3 tsp+sweetener in 16oz steeping mug

Another from alphakitty

It looks like Forever Nuts, it smells like it, it even turns pink like it. Sure enough it tastes just like yummy, delicious Forever Nuts.

so good!!

I’m a huge fan of almond…I love it in cookies, candies, cakes, whatever. So, when I found this tea at the shop, I just had to try it. I wasn’t expecting the almond flavor to be as gorgeously full-bodied as it presents in this brew! The fruity flavors are definitely there as well, and allow a touch of sweetness to this tea, but the almond creaminess is to die for. I didn’t expect to find a tea-cupboard staple so early in my explorations, but this is definitely a keeper!

Alphakitty

Mm, I love this one

Elizabeth

I wish I could find refill bags of this locally!

sozz06

Elizabeth where are you located? If you give me a zip code I might be able to lead you to a place.

Elizabeth

That would be lovely! I do live in the middle of nowhere, though, so I’ll keep my fingers crossed. My zip is: 12043

sozz06

You are right… we aren’t nearby yet but you should request it at your local grocery store or cafe :). The nearest place we are by is Hannaford.

This was one of my many Black Friday splurge purchases. Tiesta is already pretty reasonably priced, but they had a 50% off deal plus free shipping, so less than 6 bucks for 2 teas. How could I resist?! Well, I’m really glad I did because this tea is seriously already bordering on “cupboard staple.” Yeah, it’s that good.

The smell alone is amazing. Nutty, warm, cinnamon, like a baked good! I think the name is a little misleading though, and the ingredient list is more telling of the actual flavor: almond, apple pieces and cinnamon (along with beet, which adds no flavor but makes your cup hot pink and slightly sweet!). This is like an apple danish in a mug more than an almond cream tea. Rich, creamy, nutty, apple sweet with a perfect amount of cinnamon. It’s not sharp, slightly spicy cinnamon but the warming kind you find in a really good apple loaf. It’s one of the most comforting teas I’ve had, it’s also fantastic and slightly sweet without any sugar which makes it a calorie-free treat. Plus caffeine free! I only have 2 ounces of this and I think it’s going to run out really fast.

I’m giving this one a rating of 100. It’s just that good! Plus, I’ve searched far and wide for a caffeine-free dessert blend that I would like to have around at all times. This one is it!

It’s a delightful smelling tea. It also looks good enough to eat. In fact, I ate a small bit of the tea right out of the package. I’ve never done that before! It was good. Anyway, the brewed tea has a wonderful nutty and creamy flavor. I didn’t get “almond” from it, but I did get nutty. It’s really just a melt-in-your-mouth kind of tea. I could sip this all evening and not grow bored. Well done, Tiesta!

I brew this at a lower temperature, not because I want to, but because that’s as hot as the water gets from the dispenser at work!

I love the color of this tea! It’s a pretty berry-pink when brewed, which I just love to look at. The flavor is fruity – I notice the apple notes more than the nuttiness. Overall, it’s very smooth. The nuts add a pleasant body to it.

This is one of my favorite teas. I could drink it all day.

175 °F / 79 °C 8 min or more

For the longest time I was searching for an herbal to drink at night, something to kind of wind-down with and get all cozy with. I made a point to try a lot of teas with nut or cinnamon or vanilla notes, but nothing stood out… even Whispering Pines Elder Grove, which I had high hopes for, did not appeal to me. I thought that tea could not fulfill my expecations for this particular flavor, but I was wrong =) Let me first provide some perspective and preface this by saying that I am extremely critical with my ratings system; most of the teas I really enjoyed did not even make it into the 80’s, and some of the best teas I have tasted have not made it into the 90’s. So when I rate something at 97 after the first tasting, I hope that will mean something.

I received this today in my Tea Sparrow subscription service (which I highly recommend). The dry leaf smells like the essence of warm holiday memories, which sounds cliche I know but its the truth. I thought this could perhaps be the tea I had been searching for, but I didn’t want to get excited since I know that a tea’s dry leaf scent can be very different from its liquid flavor. So I put 5-6 pieces of brown rock sugar into my mug and steeped this for a bit – 2.5tsp in 8oz at 210F for 7mins, to be exact.

When it was done, somehow the steeped scent was even better than the dry leaf scent. And then I tasted it, fully expecting it to be much less flavorful than I imagined. But O_O. Within seconds of the first sip I instantly had a smile on my face because right away I knew that this was what I had wanted all this time. This tea is ridiculous; a perfect combination of nutty cinnamon with just right right amount of apple sweetness and a creaminess to meld it all together in harmony. With its strong desert-like flavor, I literally CANNOT believe that this tea does not have any sort of flavoring added to it. Not to say that the inclusion of flavoring would’ve stopped me from loving this, I literally don’t care what the ingredients are if the tea tastes this good! I had long thought that herbals were not capable of achieving the type of deep flavor I wanted, and after tasting this tea I am pleased to discover that I was wrong. This is an instant favorite, and I couldn’t be happier with it.

During my short exploration in the tea world, there have been a handful of tastings that made me do a double-take back at my cup as if to say “Whaaat is this real life?!?” due to disbelief. In these instances, I had to literally re-taste the tea to reassure myself that it did in fact taste as incredible as I thought. However, this was NOT the case with this tea. Instead, my reaction was an instant smile of satisfaction because I knew right away on the very first sip that this was exactly what I wanted. This tea became a favorite within 2 seconds of the first sip, and that’s something I cannot say about any other tea I have tasted up until this point. Perhaps its because I had no idea herbals could taste like this, or perhaps because this flavor is just something that personally appeals to me, or perhaps just simply because this tea is absolutely undeniably fantastic… whatever the reason is, I 100% recommend this tea to everybody. If you enjoy this even half as much as I did, I’m sure you will love it.

6 min, 45 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I am spending my evening with a murder mystery (this particular book is called Death by Darjeeling, and I confess I picked it up because its set in a tea shop), and I needed a cup of tea to go along with it. Possibly several, quite frankly.
This is a great “I’m not paying attention” tea. I can steeping for an unspecified time, and its fine. I can be absorbed in the story and it does not demand a lot of attention. Its very good for that.

Shadowfall

Lol. I tried to get into that series awhile ago and never could, despite the major tea influence in it. Just not that big into mysteries. Though I’ve been considering giving it another shot.

teaqueen

I love this tea, even though it’s one of the strangest concepts ever… There’s no actual tea in it! But it is delicious. And the longer you let it steep, the better it tastes.

Rosehips

I swear, everyone makes a version of this, but I enjoy it too.

gmathis

I’ve read most; the Tea Shop mysteries that are in the first half of the series are better. (Later in the series, the lovely tea descriptions start falling off and the dialogue/plots get pretty improbable. I hate not liking a book!)

ashmanra

I have five if the books and forced myself to read three, no more. But I have made a lot of the recipes in the back, and they were the best part!

Herbal TTB Reminds me a lot of a chocolate breakfast cereal!

Another from the reddit travelling tea box

Hmm. This herbal is really similar to DavidsTea’s Forever Nuts. I haven’t had Forever Nuts in a long time, but I feel Nutty Almond Cream is a bit more creamy. Bit of tart apple flavor too and kind of watery. Not bad, but I don’t like the wateryness. Maybe I need to play with the steeping times.