Echinacea and Raspberry

Fruit Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Twinings

All natural echinacea root blended with raspberry to bring contrasting sweetness to a rich and lively combination that’s naturally caffeine free and has no added sugar, so it can be enjoyed anytime.

About Twinings View company

Ladies and gentlemen I give you… raspberry echinacea matcha lemonade! 1 bag steeped in a cup of boiling water for 3 min, add 1 packet of stevia, let sit til it’s room temp, refrigerate, then add 2TB lemon juice and a tsp of matcha and shake. Mostly berry, a bit of lemonade and a vegetal matcha finish. I think I’m gonna add RoT’s Mango Chilli Green Bush and ginger next time for the ULTIMATE cold kicker.

I am not a huge fan of hibiscus, though I am getting better at tolerating if not even appreciating it a few times. This tisane is not too heavy on hibiscus, less then their other tisanes.

200 °F / 93 °C

I usually don’t like Twinings red fruits infusions, but in this case I found this one really tasty and delicious. I’m drinking it right now (Italy – 9pm) while watching Doctor Who ;) and my evening couldn’t be more relaxing. Really loved it!

Nice flavor, but is too sour for my taste:(

I very rarely drink herbal teas. Many of them are like drinking hot sugarless juice. I don’t care for that. This is ok I guess. I wish it tasted more like raspberry but it’s mostly hibiscus and echinacea.

I used to drink this infusion a lot, but after drinking more loose leaf, this one tastes less fresh in comparison. It also tastes slightly artificial… I wonder whether the added flavourings were natural. Having said that, in order to get any flavour into a fruit tea in a tea bag variety, I guess you have to add extra flavourings. I prefer my drinks to be a bit more natural tasting, but then again I have lots of friends who don’t drink infusions that much but like this one because of the stronger taste and deep red colour. I like Twinings tea a lot, but I’ll gladly give this one to my friends.

At first I thought it tasted a little insipid – for fruit flavour it doesn’t have a patch on Celestial Seasonings or Ringtons – but after drinking for a little while I decided it was subtle. One for when I need something fruity but not too overbearing.

Well I will start by saying that I am not a big fruit, flower and herbal tea drinker. So this may be my inexperience with these teas showing or my palate hasn’t adapted to appreciate this tea, but, it was really not nice. I hate to use words like vile as that would be me forcing my opinion a bit.

This tea wasn’t for me, smelled quite nice out of the box, a bit like jelly or sweets. But like all the fruit/herbal/flower teas I have had, the smell was great but the flavour didn’t deliver. Weak and a tad bitter it was akin to watered down fruits of the forest squash. I brewed it for 2 and half minutes which is right between the recommended time for it but ended up trying to steep for longer to try and increase the flavours. The flavours did get stronger but so did the bitterness so it was a marred success.

I’m sure the echinacea with its flouted medicinal benefits was probably good for me, but I don’t think its worth drinking this to get it.

Maybe a nice iced tea or made into jelly,sorbet or some other cold tea based offering but fails to impress me as a warm beverage.

a little bitter, but very refreshing! i love it!