Matcha

Green Matcha Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaEqualsBliss
Iced

From Unknown

Product description not available yet.

About Unknown View company

I made my unknown matcha blend as a latte this morning. I added some hot water to the matcha powder and whisked it rather poorly. Then I added cold almond milk, a little sugar syrup, and ice. Yum. I really like matcha this way, especially the ones of unknown quality I pick up randomly at Asian supermarkets. :)

Oh, and weirdly my “Likes” are disappearing. :( I can’t keep track of the ones I’ve read and haven’t read. So sorry to the people who might be getting multiple notifications that I’ve liked their tealogs!

Iced
ashmanra

Mine often disappear, especially if I click the heart and just the spinning thing for a while…

OMGsrsly

I’ve been moving from my phone to my computer and back to my phone. No spinning thing, just hearts disappearing. Oh well.

Fjellrev

Oh ok, so it’s not just me. My likes have been disappearing too. :/

Had a matcha latte at Wegman’s tonight – I’ve had it before but can;t find it on here…not sure who they go thru for their matcha…I’m thinking it might be RIshi. Regardless it was quite FAB…frothy, creamy, with a hint of natural sugary goodness!

The Purrfect Cup

I hear Wegman’s are amazing. I wish they’d come a little further east in NY! The latte sounds really yummy!

TeaEqualsBliss

How “upstate” are you!? If you don’t mind me asking…even a nearby city :)

The Purrfect Cup

I’m not far from Albany, NY. We have Hannaford and Price Chopper yay (note sarcasm)

KeenTeaThyme

We are just getting our first Wegman’s in Frederick, MD, but since my grandparents live in Brockport, I’m no stranger to this awesome grocery store. Now to hear they have lattes?! YUMS!

TeaEqualsBliss

If you go to their Deli/Food prep area – you know – with the cafe type area/sit-down area, ready to eat or open and serve stuff…most of them have coffee and/or tea, etc now…YUMMO!

Ours added sushi (including VEGAN Sushi Options that I am grateful for) this past year! YAY!

Shinobi_cha

Did you take this picture (of the matcha) or just pull a random one from the internet? If you took this pic of the matcha you got from them, then they got their matcha from Marukyu-Koyamaen (a very well-known Japanese producer of matcha). At least, this picture is of tins of theirs!

Hello Steepster! I have been away from you for a few days, with the business of last week’s moving to the new half of the office plus a 2 day conference for work, and yard work on Saturday. But I have returned, and had a wonderful tea experience yesterday!

I found out that the botanical gardens near my city host Japanese tea ceremonies. This year they are only offering them on 4 days, and yesterday was the first 4, and on top of that, the only day that offered ceremonies in the small tea room (Ro ceremony). Only 5 people are allowed to partake in this ceremony due to room size restraints, so me, my boyfriend, and 3 other people partook in this special event. Matcha tea was prepared in the traditional method with a whisk and a unique bowl for each person, and we ate a sweet (wagashi) before drinking the tea to complement the tea. We were also shown the way to drink matcha in a ceremony, with the turning of the bowl so as to not drink from the front of it, and the etiquette of drinking tea before the person to your left. It was a truly beautiful experience, and the room was absolutely lovely and simple, one scroll on the wall with a simple flower arrangement as the only focal points in the room other than the kettle, a large cast iron one that was sunk in the middle of the floor (in the hearth). This room also had authentic Tatami mats, while the larger one for larger ceremonies had synthetic.

Oh, and the matcha was fantastic! Enough for 3.5 gulps, and it went perfectly with the wagashi! I thought about asking where they sourced their matcha, but was enjoying the ceremony too much to want to bother with questions that might infringe on my sense of tranquillity.

Overall, a beautiful, relaxing experience that I highly recommend if you ever get the chance to experience a tea ceremony. I would love to do one again sometime, and feel very privileged to have had the opportunity to partake in such a lovely event! My boyfriend also enjoyed it immensely. I also learned the 4 principles of Japanese tea ceremonies: harmony, respect, purity and tranquillity. I felt all 4 of these principles and it was wonderful! Afterwards we wandered through the botanical gardens, even though it was snowing, and a lovely feeling of peace settled over me. A great way to spend a Sunday morning!

Nicole

That sounds wonderful.

NofarS

Oh how I I wish I was there with you…

keychange

That sounds lovely!

MissLena

It really was amazing! If you are ever around the Edmonton area, check out the schedule at the Devonian Botanical Gardens, they are having 3 more days with ceremonies this year :) happy I was able to cross that off the bucket list!

put two heaping into a bottle of water. yumm