Organic Blueberry Green Tea

Green Tea
Artichoke, Blueberry, Lettuce
Edit tea info Last updated by Jude

• “I woke up this morning craving something that wasn't an Assam. This might be a sign of the end times, people. Instead of something rich and malty I wanted something green and fruity. This tea fits...” Read full tasting note
    Veronica 648 tasting notes
  • “Once upon a time, I thought cheap, generic tea bags were good stuff. Then, I began dabbling in the art of loose leaf, by way of my local Wegman's. The few selections there became my new tea heaven,...” Read full tasting note
    bekawithak 24 tasting notes
  • “Yesterday was awesome, I am still basking in the fun glow. Since this week will be Ben's first week back at work, he wanted to do something fun with me, so we went to the zoo! Since I am...” Read full tasting note
    SoggyEnderman 299 tasting notes

From Wegmans

Organic green tea, organic white tea, organic blueberries, organic cornflowers, natural organic flavoring.

About Wegmans View company

I woke up this morning craving something that wasn’t an Assam. This might be a sign of the end times, people. Instead of something rich and malty I wanted something green and fruity. This tea fits the bill nicely.

There is a wonderful blueberry flavor here. I’m also really liking the grassy notes in the green tea. It’s sweet and clean reminding me of grass that has been freshly mowed. The combination is undeniably spring-like and perfect for a warm, slightly humid morning.

I’m glad I made a pot of this one rather than a single cup. It’ll be nice to sip on while catching up on emails.

Cheri

It’s fun to have something different every once in a while.

Terri HarpLady

Maybe it’s just of the season?

Veronica

I think it is the season. Of course this afternoon I had Irish Breakfast because I neeeeeded it. Old habits die hard. :)

Once upon a time, I thought cheap, generic tea bags were good stuff. Then, I began dabbling in the art of loose leaf, by way of my local Wegman’s. The few selections there became my new tea heaven, and couldn’t imagine much better! After making my way into high-quality loose leaf, there are only a select few teas that I still drive all the way there to enjoy. The Blueberry Green is one of them.

I’m not so sure that the green tea is the greatest quality, but it’s wonderfully countered by the dried blueberries in a way that doesn’t make the tea unpleasant. I actually prefer drinking it without any add-ins because of how great it is by itself! The green tea can be a little bitter if it isn’t brewed carefully, but I always look forward to my cup of Blueberry Green.

Yesterday was awesome, I am still basking in the fun glow. Since this week will be Ben’s first week back at work, he wanted to do something fun with me, so we went to the zoo! Since I am photosensitive, this means we were there at its 8 am opening, we wandered around for five hours and I am so sore today, but it was totally worth it. I got some awesome photos, a tiny plushie Red Panda, and even got to pet an Ibis. It was truly an awesome day.

When I was visiting my mom in Pennsylvania last summer (and therefore had access to my favorite grocery store) I became mildly addicted to today’s tea. Wegman’s Organic Blueberry Green Tea is a blend of Green Tea, White Tea, Blueberries, Cornflower Petals, and Flavoring. The aroma of the leaves is delightfully fruity, it smells like sweet blueberries and fresh vegetation. There is a hint of lettuce and very delicate floral as well, for the finish we have a slight peppery kick.

The aroma of the brewed tea is quite sweet and very vegetal, it reminds me of a mild Bi Luo Chun with notes of artichoke and lychee. This blends really well with the blueberry aroma. The liquid has a very blueberry heavy aroma, which makes me happy, there are also notes of lychee and fresh vegetation with a gentle finish of lettuce.

It is no secret that of all the flavorings you can add to things, blueberries are my favorite, but it has to taste like sweet, fresh, wild Maine Blueberries from my childhood memories or I won’t like it. None of those tart blueberries for me, please. I admit, when I was drinking this over the summer I primarily had it sweetened and frequently chilled. I have since moved away from sweetening my teas and only rarely chill them, so lets see if I still love it as much. The taste is delicate and sweet, the blueberry taste is faint, it is more like having blueberries in the tea and not flavoring it. There are notes of artichoke, lettuce, and a tiny bit of acidic citrus at the finish. On a whim I added a bit of sugar and the faint blueberries pop into a rich blueberry flavor. I guess some things never change, my love for strong blueberries certainly doesn’t!

For photos and blog: http://ramblingbutterflythoughts.blogspot.com/2014/06/wegmans-food-market-organic-blueberry.html

Flavors: Artichoke, Blueberry, Lettuce

Veronica

I really like this tea and go through phases where I can’t get enough of it. It’s one of the better blueberry teas I’ve found.

Amanda 'SoggyEnderman' Wilson

Agree! I was originally a big fan of Bigelow’s Blueberry green, but they changed the recipe and I wanted to stop using tea bags, this was the perfect transition tea.