Imperial Mojiang Golden Bud Yunnan Black Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by Rachel J

From Yunnan Sourcing

This rare and beautiful tea can only be made from 2nd flush of spring tea (early April) taken from established plantation bushes in the Mojiang area of Simao. 2nd flush is used because the leaves and buds are bigger and hairier than early spring. The tea is carefully processed to keep its lovely appearance and guard its subtle sugarcane and malt flavors. This is an incredible and rare tea with an appearance and taste that will dazzle the drinker!Recommend using 85-90C water to brew this wonderful tea. Wash once briefly (5 seconds) and then drink the successive infusions. Keep infusion times very short initially!

Harvest Area: Mojiang Town, Simao Prefecture of Yunnan

About Yunnan Sourcing View company

I don’t think I will ever get tired of this tea. Such freshness!

LauraR

I have been considering ordering from this purveyor but probably need to drink my way through some tea first. What have you tried from the. Any of the offerings give up creaminess or chocolate/caramel notes?

Lainie Petersen

Creamy and sweet notes in this Yunnan gold. I’ve also been drinking some of their sheng pu’erh. Killer teaware offerings at a good price.

2 heaping tsp for 12 oz

The best Dian Hong I’ve ever had. Thanks to Doug F for turning me on to this. It has all the classic Dian Hong flavor that I’ve come to expect with zero astringency and a very smooth, rich mouthfeel. Love love love…

I might brew it a little stronger next time to see how that goes. It is so smooth, that I bet I could get even more flavor out of it without risking too much astringency or bitterness.

Terri HarpLady

Sounds yummy!!

Terri HarpLady

The photo looks alot like Golden Fleece!

Rachel J

I haven’t had Golden Fleece, but this tea is amazing, and at such a reasonable price even with shipping from China. It is beautiful tea!

Doug F

Phew! I was hoping you would like it as much as I do. In terms of leaf measurement, I find it hard to use a teaspoon because the leaves aren’t compact. I pretty much just eyeball it. I usually steep it for four minutes.

Rachel J

Thanks, Doug! It is nerve wracking to recommend things to people. :)

The finest Yunnan gold bud tea you are likely to taste. The heady combination of caramel, chocolate, and pu-erh-like earthiness floors me every time. Stockpile this tea; Yunnan Sourcing’s prices are shockingly low for this tea.

I like this! Thanks to Stephanie for the sample. I am trying to get through some samples today since another TTB is due to come tomorrow.

I under leafed the first cup. The big wiry ones are hard to measure, so I eyeballed it (despite having a scale right there). It was pretty light. So for the resteep I added the rest and it’s all yummy yammy goodness.

I drank a cup of this earlier this morning. Thanks Terri!

I feel bad because I wasn’t paying attention enough to write a good note while I drank it. I wasn’t blown away but luckily I have a couple more servings to work with it…

I won’t be drinking any tea this afternoon because I got peer pressured into a fancy iced coffee beverage on my lunch break. They were buy one get one FREE and my friend wanted one…also they offered to make it for me with soy :)

Happy Friday folks!