Imperial Gold Needle Yunnan Black Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by Terri HarpLady

• “sad to see this one go. I started my morning out with this one as there are still a few things to be doing around the house as we have friends coming over for dinner and board games...and i'm...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4041 tasting notes
  • “In spite of my lack of posting over the last few days, I've drank my usual amount of teas: Golden Fleece Persian Princess Golden Monkey Black ...just to name a few... So, now I'm having this, & I...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 2485 tasting notes
  • “I like this one a lot more than I expected to! I've made it gong fu style style and am on something like my 5th steep and it's still going strong. Chocolaty, sweet, malty, not hay-y like I was...” Read full tasting note
    TastyBrew 357 tasting notes
  • “*Autumn 2013* This was an excellent tea which I enjoyed over six steepings. Upon opening the package, I could immediately smell the vibrant floral qualities of the tea. The tea was very fragrant,...” Read full tasting note
    Scharp 115 tasting notes

From Yunnan Sourcing

A kind of chocolate and malt taste comes from the brewed gold-orange tea soup. Aroma is thick and sweet. An enjoyable experience comes from the aroma, flavor and appearance of this lovely tea.

About Yunnan Sourcing View company

sad to see this one go. I started my morning out with this one as there are still a few things to be doing around the house as we have friends coming over for dinner and board games…and i’m still working as some things came to light from last night’s testing that i need to sort out. I love this tea and i can’t even explain why. there’s something about it that just makes me want to drink it. Plus the leaves always make me smile :)

In spite of my lack of posting over the last few days, I’ve drank my usual amount of teas:
Golden Fleece
Persian Princess
Golden Monkey Black
…just to name a few…
So, now I’m having this, & I really need it!
5G + 4oz blue lotus porcelain beautiful tiny teapot X (rinse) 15sec/30/45/ etc
I warmed the leaf in the preheated pot, & it smells like some kind of heaven.
…sigh…just letting go & breathing for a few minutes, that’s all I need.
The Breatharians are a sect of people who claim to live on oxygen & water alone. They tend to become very thin & frail, meditate a lot, & there are stories about the famous leader of that belief, who appeared much more robust than the others, & was seen secretly eating a hamburger somewhere, LOL.
I have no desire to give up food, of course, & I have no doubt that my body needs it. But sometimes it’s nice to just sit & breath. To sit & breath in the aroma of something wonderful, like this the lime flowers in my sunroom (the meyer lemon & kumquats are also getting ready to start blooming…oh heaven!). And of course, like this tea. The aroma is cream of wheat cereal, with a big blob of butter melted on it, drizzled with a really good honey. Once I rinsed the leaves, the honey aroma became even more real & prominent.
I could get by just on the aroma of this…I could almost just breath it, but no, I drank the rinse water, I wouldn’t want to waste a precious drop. I’m drinking multiple cups, & with each cup, like magic, I’m becoming happier. This tea has excellent qi, & in spite of it’s lighter golden appearance, brews up into a rich & dark cup of tongue tingling sweetness. I’m sure I could go on & on, but I think I’m gonna do a little Taichi, to further enhance my mood, & then work on my taxes, for a little while anyway. Namaste.

Terri HarpLady

In retrospect, I think 10 sec steep intervals would have been better, but this was delicious anyway!

keychange

Mmm burgers. Clearly I could not belong (for very long) to this group!

Terri HarpLady

It’s hard to believe I was a vegan for most of my adult life, and I’m glad I’m not now, cuz I love hamburgers!

TheTeaFairy

Lol, I can just imagine the Guru being caught by his followers eating a juicy Big Mac!

I could never do it more often than this, but I actually fast about once a week, a whole day just water…and oxygen of course :-)

I like this one a lot more than I expected to! I’ve made it gong fu style style and am on something like my 5th steep and it’s still going strong. Chocolaty, sweet, malty, not hay-y like I was expecting. This is a great cup. Thanks Terri Harplady!

Terri HarpLady

I’ve really enjoyed the teas I got from YS, & actually I’m drinking my first steep of this one right now!

Autumn 2013
This was an excellent tea which I enjoyed over six steepings. Upon opening the package, I could immediately smell the vibrant floral qualities of the tea. The tea was very fragrant, and smelled wonderful- a scent matching the beautiful leaves.

The dried leaves were a rich golden color, and were very straight and pointed. The brewed leaves retained the wonderful qualities of the dried tea, and produced a very refreshing brew- a bit of maltiness, floral notes, and a sweet aftertaste with hints of chocolate in the finish. Each steeping changed only slightly, increasing in floral notes.

So good. This tea. It’s just so good.

Thank you Sil!

Dag Wedin

Oh Imperial Dian Hong! Truly fit for royalty :)

This is the one that I loved, loved, loved from yunnan….I think there’s another too