This is the 20th review in the Battle of the Earl Greys!

This is the second of three samples provided by Mariage Frères, and the initial time I made it I thought it would also be the first disappointment. It took a little tweaking of the steeping process, but my last cup was darker, richer, and just about stole my heart! ;)

When I increased the amount of tea by 1/4 tsp and the steep time by 1 minute, this went from a weak floral black to a delicious Earl Grey with a kick. I don’t get it, but I’m not going to argue with a tea I enjoy this much.

You can read my full review here:

Feel free to browse my cupboard if you’re interested in swapping, but all the mate and pu-erh in our household is my husband’s.

For swapping purposes, please note the apple allergy. Thank you!

I tried to limit my cupboard to teas that were 1oz or larger, but that was a gorgeous failure in terms of swap communication. It’s all going back up.

Okay, I just feel wrong trying to grade things without a rubric – it’s too inconsistent! So, here is the grading breakdown:

0-50: Dump it!
50-60: I might finish the cup
60-70: Possibly finish the pot
70-80: I may keep this on hand
80-90: Cupboard space guaranteed
90-100: Poetry may be involved!

Dallas, TX