Birthday Cake Matcha

Matcha Tea
Bitter, Butter, Cake, Grass, Smooth, Sweet, Umami, Vegetal
High
Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.
Iced 8 oz / 236 ml

From 3 Leaf Tea

TASTING NOTES:
Sweet, Creamy, Balanced

Want to have your cake and drink it too? Our birthday cake matcha is the perfect, healthy treat! Indulge in the sweet flavor of cake without guilt. With no sugar added, and only 5 calories a tsp, this flavor is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.

INGREDIENTS:
Premium grade matcha infused with natural cake flavor.

About 3 Leaf Tea View company

Sipdown! (29 | 518)

I really don’t drink matcha often enough. So it feels really good to finish off one of my pouches from 3 Leaf!

I’ve been preparing these cold in oat milk, and it works really well for this flavor. So convenient in my milk frother as well. This is probably my least favorite of my current flavors, but only because I just tend to prefer fruit flavors in general. It does have a nice, rich cake flavor to it that’s not overpowering. The matcha itself is also quite smooth with only a touch of bitterness at the end of the sip. I also added a light drizzle of vanilla syrup to this glass, which gives it a nice subtle sweetness and enhances those yummy cakey notes.

Tasty! Not sure if I’ll order it again though since there are other flavors I like more. But variety is always nice too.

Flavors: Bitter, Butter, Cake, Grass, Smooth, Sweet, Umami, Vegetal

Iced 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Recently got to sample through a ton (in fact, most) of 3 Leaf Tea flavours so prepare for an incoming barrage of tasting notes for them – I shall try to keep them short!

As a flavour, “Birthday Cake” has always somewhat baffled me because technically any cake you have on your birthday is a birthday cake. However, most products that are a birthday cake flavour seem to follow a predictable pattern of tasting like sweet vanilla and often having sprinkles in them/on the packaging. So that’s what I expected here – basically a sweet vanilla matcha…

So, I was a little thrown when the steeped up tea tasted so buttery! It wasn’t unpleasant and the buttery flavour does make sense in the context of a cake flavoured thing, but I was just taken aback to see any actually literal interpretation of a “cake” matcha versus just that vanilla twist. I should have anticipated it at least a little though since the dry leaf smells very sweet and buttery. Not really any vanilla here at all – more like a yellow sheet cake/sponge cake. Mildly flavoured, also – but definitely present and detectable.

I liked it, though I think I’d like it MORE with milk/as a latte. Very different than expected.

I’ve had this one as an oat milk latte quite a few times this week. I sweeten it with a bit of honey and it’s wonderful. 3 Leaf does flavored matches really well.