Black Yerba maté Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Dexter

• “It’s really a shame once you discover that your relatively new neighbours have little interest in whether they disturb you or not by exercising at the crack of dawn on wooden floors in a newly...” Read full tasting note
  • “Another one from Dexter this one isn’t bad. I wish it was a littler richer – i find that mate tends to thin things out for me. I’m never a huge fan of mate. I do like the coffee flavour that...” Read full tasting note
  • “Seriously thinking that tea and cookies will be dinner tonight. Just can’t seem to make descisions right now, the tin of this was sitting on the counter so Jet Black it is. It was sitting on the...” Read full tasting note

From August Uncommon Tea

Tastes Like: espresso beans, hazelnut, sugar cane, steamed milk
Feels Like: breakfast in a roman café

A tea for the not-so-slow mornings. Italians go fast in the morning but they enjoy them in their own way. An invigorating, highly social whirl of coffee and steamed milk creating a delicious fog, loud chatter, warm butter pastries filled with cream and nuts piled high on a counter. A touch of milk brings out a creamy hazelnut note. Finding charm in chaos.

Ingredients: indian black assam tea, brazilian roasted maté, barley malt, roasted honduran coffee, roasted honduran coffee beans, flavoring

About August Uncommon Tea View company

It’s really a shame once you discover that your relatively new neighbours have little interest in whether they disturb you or not by exercising at the crack of dawn on wooden floors in a newly converted open concept space in an old house. When as a neighbour you are already tolerating 24/7 of their infant and their other child. Yeah. Well then.

Sorry. Needed to get that out.

Selected this one from the bag that Dexter gave me when she was in town. I haven’t made up my mind beyond the fact that I like it and am enjoying it. It confuses my tastebuds a bit because it is much like a coffee-caramel favourite of mine except that after the very similar hit of coffee, instead of switching to caramel, it moves towards the slightest green of the mate.

Did I add my coffee-caramel favourite to your bag, Dex?

Thank you for this, Dexter. It is pleasurable, but currently not enough to take me away from this newfound understanding of my neighbours.

Fjellrev

Brutal! I wonder if they’re really that ignorant that they’re making that much noise or if they figure so but just don’t care because they think the world revolves around them?

Evol Ving Ness

The latter. And because they are a “family” this should be ok. And because they have various issues that would make it impossible to work out in a gym or in any other way that would not disturb the person who lives beside them.

Fjellrev

Oh yes, Entitled Family Syndrome. I don’t have to watch where I’m walking with my stroller, because I have a family. I don’t have to watch where my snivelling little kids are walking because it’s your duty as an adult to be everyone else’s eyes. I don’t have to teach my kids to refrain from shrieking for no reason at all because kids can’t help it. And so on and so forth.

Yes, thank you.

Evol Ving Ness

And yet they keep saying that they would like to have a harmonious relationship with their neighbours. Yeah, wouldn’t we all.

Fjellrev

But gee, Evol, clearly you’re the problem if your neighbourly relationship isn’t harmonious.

Evol Ving Ness

That’s being clear. And yet in our harmonious communications, they are the ones who are annoyed at me bringing these things to their attention. Yes, things.

Fjellrev

I don’t understand people like this. I guess they don’t understand the concept of empathy. How would they like it is someone else was doing all the same asinine things, plural, day and night? I doubt they’d be ok with it.

Another one from Dexter this one isn’t bad. I wish it was a littler richer – i find that mate tends to thin things out for me. I’m never a huge fan of mate. I do like the coffee flavour that this one has, but i’ve had other coffee/teas that i prefer. Really happy to try this one.

Hey Sil,
I’ve been trying to find anyone who might have some Majesteas they are willing to swap. Especially the Highland one, but I’ll take whatever. Any chance you have some you’re willing to part with? Thanks!

Debi

Sorry, I just noticed you don’t have any of the Majesteas. My bad. I was going by some of the comments on their tea, so maybe it was from a while ago. Sorry!

@ debi – i didn’t manage to get over there before they closed :( You could try looking their teas up on steepster and seeing who has them in their cupboard.

Debi

Yes, I also missed stopping by the store before they closed. :(
I just logged on now to look it up in peoples cupboards. :)

Seriously thinking that tea and cookies will be dinner tonight. Just can’t seem to make descisions right now, the tin of this was sitting on the counter so Jet Black it is. It was sitting on the counter because I was drinking (well making then not drinking) it the other night. Got distracted, Jets won 8-2 switched channels and well that other event happened, tea did not get drank or appreciated. Trying again tonight….
I’m finding that with the bold AU teas I’m enjoying them more if steeped with less leaf, cooler water, longer steep time than my normal flavored black parameters. I feel that way about this one too. It’s just less weird when it’s milder.
I love coffee flavored teas. This one has a bit too much mate for me. The coffee is good, the base is fine. Not my favorite coffee tea but it’s good. Deep dark roasted smooth not bitter….with a little AU unidentified strangeness. (Might need to find some booze to dump in here…..)

Dexter

Right I remember now why I didn’t keep drinking this the other night….. it’s not good cold. Drink it while it’s hot