Black Yerba maté Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Dexter

• “Another one from Dexter this one isn’t bad. I wish it was a littler richer – i find that mate tends to thin things out for me. I’m never a huge fan of mate. I...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 8177 tasting notes
  • “Seriously thinking that tea and cookies will be dinner tonight. Just can’t seem to make descisions right now, the tin of this was sitting on the counter so Jet Black it is. It was sitting...” Read full tasting note
    Dexter 998 tasting notes

From August Uncommon Tea

Tastes Like: espresso beans, hazelnut, sugar cane, steamed milk
Feels Like: breakfast in a roman café

A tea for the not-so-slow mornings. Italians go fast in the morning but they enjoy them in their own way. An invigorating, highly social whirl of coffee and steamed milk creating a delicious fog, loud chatter, warm butter pastries filled with cream and nuts piled high on a counter. A touch of milk brings out a creamy hazelnut note. Finding charm in chaos.

Ingredients: indian black assam tea, brazilian roasted maté, barley malt, roasted honduran coffee, roasted honduran coffee beans, flavoring

About August Uncommon Tea View company

Another one from Dexter this one isn’t bad. I wish it was a littler richer – i find that mate tends to thin things out for me. I’m never a huge fan of mate. I do like the coffee flavour that this one has, but i’ve had other coffee/teas that i prefer. Really happy to try this one.

Hey Sil,
I’ve been trying to find anyone who might have some Majesteas they are willing to swap. Especially the Highland one, but I’ll take whatever. Any chance you have some you’re willing to part with? Thanks!

Debi

Sorry, I just noticed you don’t have any of the Majesteas. My bad. I was going by some of the comments on their tea, so maybe it was from a while ago. Sorry!

@ debi – i didn’t manage to get over there before they closed :( You could try looking their teas up on steepster and seeing who has them in their cupboard.

Debi

Yes, I also missed stopping by the store before they closed. :(
I just logged on now to look it up in peoples cupboards. :)

Seriously thinking that tea and cookies will be dinner tonight. Just can’t seem to make descisions right now, the tin of this was sitting on the counter so Jet Black it is. It was sitting on the counter because I was drinking (well making then not drinking) it the other night. Got distracted, Jets won 8-2 switched channels and well that other event happened, tea did not get drank or appreciated. Trying again tonight….
I’m finding that with the bold AU teas I’m enjoying them more if steeped with less leaf, cooler water, longer steep time than my normal flavored black parameters. I feel that way about this one too. It’s just less weird when it’s milder.
I love coffee flavored teas. This one has a bit too much mate for me. The coffee is good, the base is fine. Not my favorite coffee tea but it’s good. Deep dark roasted smooth not bitter….with a little AU unidentified strangeness. (Might need to find some booze to dump in here…..)

Dexter

Right I remember now why I didn’t keep drinking this the other night….. it’s not good cold. Drink it while it’s hot