Deckchair Dreaming

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by tea-sipper

1 Tasting Note View all

• “220/365 The last of Bird & Blend’s summer collection. I left this one because I was sure it was the one I’d be least bothered about, but it’s actually really nice. It doesn’t sound exciting –...” Read full tasting note

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

Whether you’re on the beach or in the back garden, there are few things better than reclining on a deckchair and snoozing in the warm British summer sun, aaaahhhh…. This calming blend of chamomile, valerian root with hints of crisp apple will have you dreaming all summer long!

Chamomile, apple pieces, rosehip, linden blossom, hibiscus, valerian, orange peel, natural flavouring.

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

1 Tasting Note

220/365

The last of Bird & Blend’s summer collection. I left this one because I was sure it was the one I’d be least bothered about, but it’s actually really nice. It doesn’t sound exciting – chamomile, apple, rosehip, hibi, valerian, linden, orange peel – just like a run of the mill fruit/herbal blend. The scent is delicious, though, and really reminds me of something – I think maybe it’s Davids Tea Goji Pop, but I can’t remember that one quite clearly enough to say for certain.

The flavour is much, much better than I was expecting. It’s slightly sharp (rather reminiscent of pink grapefruit), slightly tart from the hibiscus, and creamy. It reminds me a little of cream soda, maybe one flavoured with rhubarb or something along those lines. I hesitate to say it’s fruity, but there is a background sour apple kind of thing going on. It’s delicious! I didn’t think I’d want to put this one in lemonade, but I think that’s the next thing I need to try; I have a feeling it might be a beautiful thing!

I love this one, rather unexpectedly. I might even buy more before the summer is over!

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp
Taylor

I passed over this one too because it seemed pretty basic, but this post has me changing my mind!