Honey, I'm Comb!

Black Food Blend
Ceylon Black Tea, Chocolate Chips, Cocoa Bean Shells, Cocoa Beans, Flavouring, Licorice
Artificial, Caramel, Chocolate, Smooth, Sweet
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

• “Home – 9:30 PM Time for a tea from my Bird & Blend order! This was one of their autumn blends, and is no longer on their site. I assume this is based on a specific British confection? I do...” Read full tasting note
  • “I get what they were going for here. I distinctly taste the chocolate covered honeycomb candy taste they set out to emulate. It was harder to taste when it was hot, but I notice more of the flavor...” Read full tasting note
  • “285/365 This one came to me in my August tea club box from Bird & Blend, and is part of their upcoming Autumn collection. I think it’s released this Sunday. It’s a black tea with honeycomb...” Read full tasting note

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

Chocolate-y, honeycomb goodness! (Vegan friendly too!)

Butter Brew may be gone, but Honey, I’m Comb! This Ceylon black tea is a blend of chocolate-y honeycomb goodness, perfect for biscuit dunking tea fans! Comb on, try me…

Mixologist top tip: Cold brew me with oat milk for an extra tasty treat. Feeling chilly? Heat me up on the hob!

Sri Lankan black tea, cocao beans, liquorice, cocoa shells, chocolate chips (sugar, cacao, emulsifier soya lecthin), flavouring

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

Home – 9:30 PM

Time for a tea from my Bird & Blend order! This was one of their autumn blends, and is no longer on their site. I assume this is based on a specific British confection? I do know what honeycomb is, though it’s not really a thing here in the US. In any case, it sounded tasty so I ordered some!

It smells very milk chocolaty in the bag. It’s quite light steeped up, both in the base tea and the flavoring. It does have a milk chocolate flavor to it, but it tastes… fake? Or perhaps like the really cheap generic waxy chocolate that you sometimes get in Easter candies. I’m not sure I get honey specifically, but there is a light caramel element to it.

To me, it tastes a little artificial overall. It’s not my favorite from Bird & Blend.

Flavors: Artificial, Caramel, Chocolate, Smooth, Sweet

Please keep things friendly and .

I get what they were going for here. I distinctly taste the chocolate covered honeycomb candy taste they set out to emulate. It was harder to taste when it was hot, but I notice more of the flavor come out as it cools and in the finish of each sip. The thing I’m noticing in the B&B teas are the flavors are weak and that is the same with this tea. If they could only turn the dial up on the flavor a bit, it would be so much more delightful.

Cameron B.

I’m really enjoying the teas I ordered from Bird & Blend so far. They are definitely a bit more restrained in their flavoring than some other tea sellers, but I like that. You can’t please everyone though, unfortunately!

Dustin

It’s true. I’m learning pretty quickly that most of their teas are not for me. I need more than a hint of flavor and having to use my imagination to fill in the rest. Too bad I’m not still in Austin. It would make for an easy pass off of the B&B teas I’m not digging!

285/365

This one came to me in my August tea club box from Bird & Blend, and is part of their upcoming Autumn collection. I think it’s released this Sunday. It’s a black tea with honeycomb flavouring – so far, so good.

Taste wise, I’d say it’s sweet but not overly so – certainly not cloying. It contains liquorice root, which is my arch-nemesis, but interestingly I’m not having my usual issues with it. I can’t really taste it at all, in fact, which is a huge bonus! It mostly tastes like liquid Crunchie – lots of milk chocolate, with a decent smack of honey and a touch of caramel.

While nice, I’d not say it’s particularly remarkable. There are, after all, lots of chocolate flavoured teas out there. This one’s a good ‘un, and it’s pretty unique among B & B’s range, but it’s not one I’d go out of my way to drink again. It’s nice, but pretty ordinary. I think the USP here is probably that it’s vegan – I feel like that’s something they’ve been pushing for a while, and it’s interesting to see them add another string to that bow. I’m not vegan, so it’s not something that I really worry about when it comes to my tea choices, but I guess that just means I’m not the intended audience for this blend. If I were vegan, I’m pretty sure I’d find it more surprising since it’s a rarity to find a blend like this that is. For a non-vegan like me, though, this is pretty standard fare, so my rating reflects the flavour rather than anything else.

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 1 tsp