Alphonso Mango

Banana, Cookie, Floral, Malt, Mango, Smooth, Sweet, Tropical
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Skysamurai

From Lupicia

The king of mango, Alphonso Mangoes were used to scent this black tea.

About Lupicia View company

This smells exactly like mango hi chews! Only tried it hot today but I imagine this would be great iced!

165 °F / 73 °C

Work – 1:30 PM

Drinking two of my favorite flavored tea companies at work today! ❤

So apparently an Alphonso mango is a variety of mango that is “considered to be among the most superior varieties of the fruit”. Well I’m just going to keep picturing it as a jolly Italian anthropomorphic mango named Alphonso who would be likely to appear on some sort of children’s show (alongside his equally tropical friends, Lorenzo Papaya and Giovanni Guava). Yep, much better interpretation in my opinion.

ANYWAY! This is a tasty tea. The flavoring seems the same as their Ripe Mango Oolong, which I thoroughly enjoy (and need to reorder). It’s very juicy, sweet mango with a touch of exotic floral. The base tea is mild and a bit malty. For some reason, I’m tasting a bit of banana, maybe through some interesting interaction between the tea and flavoring.

All in all, it’s very good. Personally, I prefer tropical flavors to be on a green or oolong base, so I’ll probably order the Ripe Mango Oolong instead of this one. But would definitely recommend it to someone who likes a tropical black tea!

Edit: As it cools, getting more and more banana! Weird!

Flavors: Banana, Cookie, Floral, Malt, Mango, Smooth, Sweet, Tropical

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
Mastress Alita

And they all ride around on scooters shouting “Ciao!” at each other, naturally.

derk

Ciao!

Got a teabag of this with last year’s happy bag and am just now getting around to it. I woke up at two in the morning and couldn’t sleep. Around 3:30 I figured I might as well have some tea. Not entirely sure if this is black or well oxidized oolong. It tastes mildly of the mango. It is good. Brewed one teabag in approximately 10oz boiling water for 3 min.

Boiling 2 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

The mango flavoring in this is so amazingly accurate to the fruit but something is drying and that takes away from the cup as a whole. Still, the mango is juicy and delicious so I am not too bothered.

Apparently the Alphonso mango is one of the sweetest and most expensive mangos. One that came about via grafting. You think your just drinking tea but you end up learning things too.

This teabreally is tasty. I’d like to try one of these mangos now. Its sweet but not so sweet that it’s too much. The base is very light. But that could also be due to the mango. I’ve had it both hot and cold and both are great.

Flavors: Mango

2 min, 45 sec 1 tsp

Hohoho! It’s cold and time for tea! I got the book of tea from Lupicia and chose this one for my first pick. It’s yummy! Totally mango and would definitely be great iced if it’s this good hot. I like when teas have a good aftertaste too and this one does, like I ate actual mangoes.

While it was still a good tea, I didn’t like it as much as the other Lupicia teas I’ve tried. I felt like it tasted a bit generic, the mango didn’t taste like mangos to me and it wasn’t as smooth as I would have liked.

Iced

Welp, that was fast. I’ve forgotten how fast I go through black teas when making cold brews (using about double the leaf), since I’ve figured out that I like green teas cold brewed at a more normal leaf-to-water ratio and I’ve been drinking a lot of cold brew green teas. But I started cold brewing this one and now it’s gone!

It was super delicious as a cold brew. I’ve found that many of Lupicia’s teas, especially the fruity black teas, make excellent cold brews, and in the future I may have to keep some of them around for only that purpose (if I ever run out of teas I want to “use up” by cold brewing). This would definitely be one to re-order. Mango-y and refreshing.

Flavors: Mango

Iced
Dustin

I’m planning on hitting a Lupicia store tomorrow. I’ll have to keep an eye out for this one and give it a whiff!

Instead of making it to the Lupicia directions (5g tea per 6 oz cup, srsly.), I just plunked it in my steeper with a random amount of water under 16oz. About 3-4 minutes later, tea!

It was pretty good, but it was in a travel mug. Not my favourite mango tea.

So far, my favourite Lupicia is Chaud les Marrons! because it was good hot, it was good in a travel mug, and it was good cold in the travel mug. Seriously on my list!

Thanks so much for sharing all these teas with me, Dinosara. :) I have more to try, but I’m really tired and might not be posting much until I’m over the most strenuous parts of physio!

for Iced tea.