I love pie.

I love bananas.

I was meant to love this tea.

It tastes like Murchie’s Coconut Cream Banana. (which, coincidently, tastes like banana pie). There are around two types of “sweetness” present: the creamy banana flavour followed by a smooth dessert-sweet cocoa finish. The black base is subtle and melds with the chocolate vibe, which comes out more on second steep. No bitterness, minimal astringency, lots of happy.

I was hoping to like Cookie Dough as much as I did this one but, alas… I think I’ve enjoyed near all the banana flavoured blends David’s Tea has put out, despite the “banana” having very different “textures” in all of them. Ok, maybe the Banana Nut Bread wasn’t a huge win but I did enjoy eating it as a trail mix.

Bananas: a sure way to make me very, very happy.

Ozli