Made icing with this Matcha!
Madagascar Vanilla Buttercream. I almost wept!

There is no bitterness at all when you make this into an icing for a chocolate cupcake. Just saying – if you want to try it, I will high five you.

Here’s the recipe/pictures!!!

Tasty beyond belief!

Invader Zim

looks absolutely delicious!

OwenjMayer

I’m super tempted by the flavored matchas from RLT…but the only matcha I’ve had was the stuff in a Starbucks green tea latte & I thought it was a bit too spinachy. Bad experience to gauge by?

Missy

So how do you feel about a guest????

DaisyChubb

@Missy – anyone is welcome to my home for cupcakes – I just need a few hours notice if you do decide to visit ;D

DaisyChubb

@Owen – that’s a very good question! I’ve had the starbucks latte you speak of, and to be honest, I also found it extremely spinachy in flavour (almost like a characture of a matcha) but I kind of enjoyed that!

I think RLT is more mellow in the flavours you’re describing – and their flavoured matcha is really delicious. The nice thing is, if you’re a bit wary, you can choose how strong you want the added flavour to be! I’m told the higher flavour levels hardly taste like matcha at all, so maybe you could give those a try and wean your way down if you do enjoy it!
Hope that’s helpful! :D

OwenjMayer

Thanks Daisy! I think I’ll give it a shot then.

Aww you are so nice Miss DaisyChubb. :D

DaisyChubb

Oh no, the pleasure would be all mine!

Awesome Owen, I look forward to seeing your future tasting notes ;D

CHAroma

OMG! How are you so amazing?!

TeaBrat

@DaisyChubb- have you ever tried adding your own flavoring to Matcha – for example vanilla extract?

DaisyChubb

Oh no I haven’t Amy! I have some real vanilla extract from my last holiday so I should try that – I bet it would work

Comments

TeaBrat

wow – looks great!

Tasty beyond belief!

Invader Zim

looks absolutely delicious!

Missy

So how do you feel about a guest????

Hope that’s helpful! :D

OwenjMayer

Thanks Daisy! I think I’ll give it a shot then.

Aww you are so nice Miss DaisyChubb. :D

DaisyChubb

Oh no, the pleasure would be all mine!

Awesome Owen, I look forward to seeing your future tasting notes ;D

CHAroma

OMG! How are you so amazing?!

You can call me Daisy.

My rating system is as follows:

50-75: It was alright! It was… alright! Not horrible, but I might not re-steep.

25-50: Ew. But I will finish the cup.

1-25: Please no, I want to dump it.

The Steepster community is my safe place. Thank you to all my tea friends!

<3 Daisy