drank Snow Geisha by Teavana

oh. dear. robitussin was not meant to be a tea flavour!

the name casts a beautiful image… mt. fuji and sayuri (memoirs of a geisha) and the fact that when i was little i said i wanted to be japanese when i grew up (katanas! tea ceremonies! sashimi!) (okay, when i was a kid it was mostly the swords….) needless to say i am still an irish punk and not a japanese punk, but a tea named snow geisha? i love cherries, and i still had a coupon left over for any iced tea of my choice for a dollar… what better way to sample a prohibitively expensive tea than with a coupon than iced on a hot day?

i don’t know who invented cough syrup or robitussin in particular but if it was japan then i choose to live firmly in denial! i didn’t even have to the heart to say anything, because they are so nice and were so hopeful i would like this one after my allergic reaction last night. i just took a couple of sips and tried to make sure i was smiling not grimacing.

hee hee hee… although i enjoyed sowing a bit of dissent today. i have so much tea and i really think tea is meant for sharing, so i brought a bit of verdant tea with me. the looks on their faces as they sniffed, LOL!!!

i hope they enjoy it. and they are a lovely staff at mayfair… but i truly despise this tea (obviously through no fault of theirs).

in the interest of objectivity i gave the rest to my youngest son (without telling him anything about it) who has just started into loose leaf and often steals swigs out of my mugs if i don’t watch him and he was horrified! so it’s not just me.

Iced 3 min, 0 sec

I tried some of this once… :ppp

JustJames

we are in agreement! the idea was nice… but that was all.

Bonnie

Hahaha! :/

Aimee Popovacki

the name makes it sound so pretty lol.

JustJames

it does… which classifies it as a trick tea! no geisha would be impressed.

Aimee Popovacki

lol i hate when companies do that!

Terri HarpLady

You have to wonder if anybody actually bothers to drink it, or if they just put it together to ‘look good’.

JustJames

no clue… all i can say is that they have much better blends that cost far less.