i don’t know what i expected from this tea…. but is is most certainly not what i got.

as a rule, things that are are harvested in canada in fall like the grapes for ice wine and winter like maple syrup are viscous and have an intense potential for sweet. playing off the word ‘frost’ i think that, paired with the colder weather, had me expecting something with an element of sweetness. i was entirely wrong.

while i smelled a light floral from the dry, the strangest thing i have ever encountered happened with the water added: nothing. well, almost.

i have an autoimmune disease that impacts my nervous system primarily. i have some abilities that could be called rather rare, though certainly not unheard of— like being able to smell the metal UNDERNEATH the plating metal. weird. i know.

this tea is cold. it smells like ice. yes, for me temperature can have a smell. screaming hot, steaming away, scalds my tongue….. and it is ice. pure ice. i have never encountered such a thing!

i don’t know if i like it… i don’t DISlike it, but i want a repeat performance. thinking that i might be having an early moment of dementia i wrenched the top off my tea cup in class today and shoved it under my lab partner’s nose. (she’s used to this by now)
‘what do you smell?’
‘i….nothing?’ (perplexed look) she grabbed the cup and took a more serious sniff. ‘how can it smell like nothing?’
‘it smells like ice to me.’
‘james, ice doesn’t have a smell!’
‘yes it does.’

CrowKettle

Oh, that’s curious! On to the list this one goes.

JustJames

quite, quite unique! distinctly striking…. i just have no idea how to classify it yet! lol.

Ysaurella

sounds really interesting, as your ability to smell metal and ice !

i guess everybody needs a skill? lol

OMGsrsly

Thinking about the Maple Pecan Oolong, I totally get where you’re coming from. I wouldn’t have phrased it the same way, but I do get it. Now I want to try the base tea on its own! :)

Amariel

I agree, ice does have a smell.

JustJames

i will let my lab partner know. … …. AND my wife, lol.

Amariel

I admit I am super sensitive to smells. I smell things at work that no one else does.

Amariel

Which is bad because it often results in a migraine or a headache of some annoyance at least. :(

JustJames

me too… mine’s a nervous system disease byproduct. i don’t get headaches, well, barometric if there’s a real swing….. but i can usually smell it, before it happens lol!!!!! although i get clogged up really easily from stuff too and i wind smelling nothing. sigh. everything is a coin toss: the up side, the flip side.

Comments

CrowKettle

Oh, that’s curious! On to the list this one goes.

Ysaurella

sounds really interesting, as your ability to smell metal and ice !

i guess everybody needs a skill? lol

OMGsrsly

Amariel

I agree, ice does have a smell.

JustJames

i will let my lab partner know. … …. AND my wife, lol.

Time For A ReWrite!

-COFFEE … rare, nasty, not even a bit funny if i’m exposed. (call me original)

Hi! I’m James!

mandala teas is brilliant and a company i count on.

90-100 i need more
80-90 i might need more, or it might be a respect vote

however, i’m always open to trying things.

dislikes so far: guayasa, darjeeling, most peach teas.

Victoria, BC