It’s getting pretty cold here in the UK so I have an excuse to make various cups of warming tea throughout the day. After my recent black tea cravings I have decided to take a break and have some green tea, I need something warm yet light to fulfil my current needs.

The tea is made with whole leaves that have been rolled and have taken on various thin and squiggly shapes. The leaves themselves are a mixture of dark green and pale green and they smell thickly vegetal (similar to broccoli or seaweed).

Brewing advice on the pack states one teaspoon of leaves into a cup with 80 degree water for 2-3 minutes. Also suitable for up to 3 steeps.

Once steeped the tea soup is pale yellow in colour with a crisp and toasty smell (similar to some Oolongs).

The flavour is interesting, it reminds me of an Indian green rather than Chinese green as it’s heavy and extremely vegetal. Perhaps also similar to a Mao Feng. It has the same taste as cooked broccoli or cabbage but it’s a little sweeter and crisper.

The toasted flavour becomes stronger and it is very similar to some Oolongs I have had before. Also becomes slightly bitter as it cools but in a perfumey sort of way.

Overall it’s a nice alternative green tea to what I would usually have and I have just started to feel the caffeine kick in with a WHOOOOOOOSH!!!