drank Kanpe Tea by DAVIDsTEA

The houses on either side of ours have put in small above ground pools this week (there must have been a sale?) so I’m sitting here trying to enjoy myself on dry land with the sounds of water splashing all around me. So I’m taking out my large pitcher of Kanpe and trying to pretend that i also have a pool. if they splash hard enough I might even get a spray!

Getting back to this giant pitcher, sample sipdown, by the way, Dexter3657 so loved this tea that she sent me a generous sample thinking I will absolutely love as well and therefore will need a giant bag of it :) Not so.

This still tastes like apple cider to me, I think partly because of the cinnamon. I cold steeped it and am having it with a slice of lemon and some ice cubes. It is a pretty orange-pink tea but the only way for me to drink this is if I booze it up. It really is not a bad tea, I just don’t like apple cider. Maybe i should try this in the winter, hot, with a slice of orange and a cinnamon stick floating ’round.

Formerly a mathematician, I’m a chef and a wine lover with a trained palate but find that I lack the linguistic prowess for tea tasting notes. Now there’s something to learn!

Toronto Canada