OMG! This tea is AMAZING! Thank you to Azzrian and TastyBrew for writing such good reviews and tempting me to buy this tea!

First of all, let me say, it was awesome that shipping only took 1 day! Probably due to the fact that their address is about an hour away from me, but awesome nonetheless. Makes me wish they had a store, and I could just stop by when I’m up there!

This tea is the most bake-y, bread-y tea I’ve ever tasted. It’s like breakfast in a cup! When I first smelled the dry leaves in the tin, it actually reminded me of an oatmeal raisin cookie, WAY more so than teas named that. Steeped, it is liquid cinnamon swirl bread with butter spread on top! Yes, I tasted the butter!! I have to admit I added some sugar and a splash of soy milk, which made it MORE buttery!

I was surprised that you only need to steep it for 2 minutes. It was definitely strong enough to stand up to milk and sugar. Also, it says you can get 5 steeps out of each TBSP. I steeped it 3 times and there was absolutely no loss of flavor, so they’re probably right!

I am so glad I bought the tin! Yum yum yummy!!!

jessiwrites

Gah. Everyone keeps raving about this tea, and it’s SO EXPENSIVE to ship to Canada.

Pout!

TastyBrew

Yay! I’m so glad you enjoyed it too!

Stephanie

Mmmm, sounds good!

Bonnie

Proof of what you can do with puerh,and no artificial flavoring! A really good tasting tea that resteeps well.

Tealizzy

jessiewrites – I wish there was a cheaper way to get it to you!

Bonnie – so, since I’ve never had puerh, what flavor do you think it brings to this tea?

Bonnie

Good question. In this case, I think Janet used a bready tasting puerh instead of one that’s earthy or cedar wood flavored. Puerh can be steeped many times which is giving body to this tea. Puerh is good for your digestion and blood pressure and cholesterol so what’s not to like! Like all tea, there are inferior puerhs and good ones.

TastyBrew

Bonnie- what are some other good bready puerhs? This tea has made me want to try some more.

Comments

jessiwrites

Pout!

TastyBrew

Yay! I’m so glad you enjoyed it too!

Stephanie

Mmmm, sounds good!

Tealizzy

jessiewrites – I wish there was a cheaper way to get it to you!

San Francisco Bay Area