drank Phoenix by Chado

This tea does not taste like the description. Talk about false advertising! I should have known it when I opened the bag, because it smelled fruity..not at all caramel or vanilla. It tasted fruity and a bit floral too. Anyanka posted that it tasted like a floral honey, and I definitely get that. Maybe a fruity floral honey. I also got the sediment she talked about. Pretty unpleasant to have sediment in your last couple of sips. Overall, this was a disappointment, because some people raved about this tea on the yelp page for this tea house. It makes me wonder if it got cross-contaminated somehow with another tea. At least their samples sizes are pretty cheap for how much you get!

Anyanka

Ha, I’d just logged back in and this popped up. It smells weird, doesn’t it? No caramel or vanilla at all. I’m tossing the rest of mine, I opened it yesterday and realized I didn’t want it ever again. I’m a little worried that Chado, being a tea house more than a tea supplier, is going to be disappointing.

Tealizzy

Ya, not sure if I’d drink it again. At least we didn’t spend a lot on the samples! I still have a bunch to try, so we’ll see.

Comments

Anyanka

Tealizzy

I thought my profile needed a facelift, so here we go:

San Francisco Bay Area