drank Cranberry Pear by DAVIDsTEA

I don’t know how I’ve managed to never log this one – especially since we bought it months ago and I am positive that I’ve tried it before now. I recall it being too sweet and bubble-gum as opposed to cranberry or pear – in the way that many DT teas tend to be to me for the last year or so.

On to the tea! Steeped a pot up with the beau and father-in-law, the aroma is very much of bubble gum. I’m starting to worry that my memories are correct. First sips are sweet, but not exactly bubblegum. Maybe artificial pear. Very artificial. LIke a lightly flavoured hard candy or something. There is no cranberry and no tart (I would expect tart in this one!). It’s tolerable but not fabulous. No black tea taste, but I can feel it on my tongue if that makes sense. It’s a supporting role. Unfortunately, this is another middle of the road sweet fruity tea. I’m not so fond of those anymore. : (

Edit: I can’t believe I’m so out of tune with everyone else on this one – what is going on with me?!

Kittenna

How long did you steep it? I definitely find that the cranberry doesn’t come out unless I leave it for quite a while. Or maybe your tastebuds just don’t care for this one :)

Uniquity

This was in about 4 or maybe 5 minutes which is honestly a long time for us. I’m pretty sensitive to bitterness in my black teas, so I usually only steep for about 3 minutes for maximum flavour and minimum bitterness. : ) If I give it another go I will try a longer steep though, thanks!

Scott B

You are not the only one out of tune with everyone else here-I hated the artificial flavoring so much. In fact, I just gave away about 44 grams out of a 50 gram bag.

Comments

Kittenna

Uniquity

Scott B

41 – 60: Not likely to keep drinking…hoping hubby will enjoy!
0 – 40: No thank you, please. Take it away and don’t make me finish the cup.

Canada