drank I Love Lemon by Bigelow

A rating of 95 you say? I can explain.

When I first started my tea journey, I started with some bags of this and I really loved it. Today I had to take my car into the shop and on the way in I was thinking-should I buy another box and see whether I really like it as much as I did then? Then, as fate would have it, at the dealership I had to sit in the lobby waiting to talk to the service guy and guess what they had among the refreshments? So of course, I made a cup.

And yes, I still really love this.

I know. It’s something you get in the grocery store. It comes in bags. It’s cheap. And I still love it, in the way I love In-N-Out burger for being the best fast food burger in my area. It’s really good at what it does.

First, it’s VERY lemony. Moreso than probably any other tisane I’ve tasted while trying to find something that was a bit more sophisticated. To me, anyway, there is nothing I can find wrong with this lemon. It’s not soapy, it’s not chemical-y. It reminds me of the lemon in the lemonade at Orange Julius (which I happen to like), that very lemony lemon flavor.

Second, it’s the right mix of tart and sweet, and needs no sweetener to my tongue. So many more expensive tisanes have needed a lot of sweetener or have even been bitter. Not here. If it’s coming out too tart, my guess is it’s too dilute. With the right amount of water, it isn’t.

Third, the hibiscus is not scary. It makes the drink a nice, red color but I can’t taste it. If I could, I would not like this.

Fourth, yes, there’s mint, but I’m not really sure what it does other than to add a sort of heightening of the other flavors. A freshness, if you will.

I still heart I Love Lemon. :-)

Fjellrev

There’s nothing wrong with liking a bagged tea that you can find at the grocery store! That just means you’re being real about tea, and not snooty. :)

SimplyJenW

I love this one, too! It is my go to for when I am not feeling so well.

carol who

Sounds good. I haven’t used much in the way of grocery store/bagged teas lately but this might be the one I carry with me in my purse to use when I go to a restaurant and they give me the crummy tea. Gee, that wasn’t too much of a run on sentence!

__Morgana__

Thank you Fjellrev, I needed that. ;-)

Comments

Fjellrev

SimplyJenW

I love this one, too! It is my go to for when I am not feeling so well.

carol who

__Morgana__

Thank you Fjellrev, I needed that. ;-)

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California