drank Sakura Tea by Obubu Tea

Tea peeps? This tea is FREAKING BEAUTIFUL!

This is a new tea for me, and from what I was told from the tea seller, yunomi.us, this is a very traditional japanese flavor. Ehh! A Challenge! An Adventure! Lets go!

Dry leaf, these pretty blossoms smells like pickles. Oh boy! Most likely they smell like this since they are salt pickled cherry blossoms.

The taste? I get a cute kiss of a sweet cherry taste that is floral. The sakura tea’s flavor flutters softly towards a more savory flavor that’s a little salty. The more I sip away, the more stronger and floral this tea gets.

Full review with lots of gorgeous pictures on my blog, The Oolong Owl http://oolongowl.wordpress.com/2013/04/03/sakura-tea-from-yunomi-us-tea-review/

Terri HarpLady

Hmmm….I have a cherry tree…I wonder if I can salt pickle some of the blossoms…

Terri HarpLady

This also sounds like a perfect tea for the book we’re reading in the steepster book club!

Awkward Soul

I’m not sure if they do a special process when they salt pickle it, but it be interesting if you could pull it off! If I had more of these, I’d be experimenting with their other suggestions on how to use the blossoms.

ashmanra

What a beautiful blossom! You are right – it would be AMAZING for a wedding!

OMGsrsly

That is so cool! I wish there was a tree in the neighbourhood I knew hadn’t been sprayed that I could steal some blossoms from in the middle of the night… :)

david