drank Raspberry Truffle by Butiki Teas

Raspberries are my favourite berry so I was automatically sold on this tea. My Grandma has always had her own raspberry patch, so back when I was living near home, summertime meant raspberry everything. Raspberry jam, raspberries and cream, and after all these years, I never got sick of them. So very appealing, this tea is.

The scent of the dry leaf is incredible. It smells like a bar of high quality dark chocolate with pieces of dried raspberries dispersed throughout. And I really mean dark chocolate here.

I find that as soon as I steep this, the raspberry goes away a bit, at least in aroma.

Milk makes a huge difference with this tea. With milk and a touch of vanilla agave nectar (that I’m trying for the first time), Raspberry Truffle turns into a smooth milk chocolate tea with hints of raspberry woven throughout the whole experience. What I really appreciate about this tea is that it’s real raspberry here, not that fake juice crystal raspberry that you sometimes run into now and then.

Without any additives, it’s like a whole different ballgame. The sharpness from the dark chocolate is so sharp that it sightly mimics coffee. I also don’t taste any raspberry, so ultimately, I think this is a tea that I’d personally prefer to drink with additives. If I went back in time and told myself that someday you will be drinking tea with additives, I’d fall over in disbelief.

Awesome job, Stacy! You’ve captured the sophistication of a fine raspberry truffle.

Azzrian

I agree this one is excellent!

Comments

Azzrian

I agree this one is excellent!