I know Stacy gives very careful consideration to determining her brewing recommendations for each tea. Thus, I brewed this single-serving Assam tea sample exactly per her directions on the sample bag: 2 tsps. / 8 oz. / 212*F / 4-min. It did not even occur to me to consider a longer steep time at this time. No sweeteners, milk or cream were used.

Dry leaf: The longest length dark brown leaves I’ve ever seen. I had to use an extra-large infuser to accommodate them.

Liquor: Bright clear & coppery – Beautiful!

Aroma: Subtle and very pleasing

4-Min.: This tea was a extremely smooth, light-to-medium bodied, mildly malty Assam that provided a rich yet delicate full mouth feel that lingered long on the tongue. Truly a very special Assam! There was zero bitterness or astringency.

Impression: An Assam with an extremely refined character!

I would definitely welcome another sample of this Assam to try a longer steep time as I typically prefer robust Assam teas. However, this exceptional Assam might change my mind.

Thanks to Stacy at Butiki Teas for providing this free tea sample.

Currently, my focus is on un-flavored orthodox black & pu-erh teas. Cost-effective organic teas are also of interest.

Through our local co-op we tried Frontier Natural Products Co-op bulk loose tea – mostly Assam, also Irish Breakfast, & EG.

Kevin at The Whistling Kettle introduced me to Keemun, which I thoroughly enjoyed, and my wife enjoyed their Earl Grey Cream.

Our most recent orders were from TeaVivre & Zen Tea Life. Kudos to both Angel Chen and Kenneth Son who have been extremely helpful.

High quality water is essential for excellent tasting tea.
Our 450’ well provides hard water. For details see: http://steepster.com/looseTman/posts/176233#comments.

Solutions:
#1. Rainsoft water softener with
Q2 computerized control valve

#2. Abundant Flow Water
Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water System with re-mineralization filter
Model: Zeta RO: https://www.afwfilters.com/drinking-ro-systems/6-stage-alkaline-zoi-zeta-reverse-osmosis-system-16.html
Includes:
- Dow Filmtec TFC R.O. membrane
- Omnipure Inline Post filter
- Puregen Aptera Alkaline Filter: http://www.puregen.com/products_detail.php?id=301&lang=en

Options:
- Aquatec ERP-500 & ASV 2000
- 3/8" Output
- HM Digital DM-1: http://www.tdsmeter.com/products/dm1.html

My profile picture is a Red-Breasted Nuthatch, an annual winter visitor to our woodpecker feeder.

Mid-Atlantic, USA