drank Witches' Brew Chai by 52teas

Oh, the irony has not escaped me. A witch making a tea named Witch’s Brew. LOL. Yes it would be a lot more appropriate for it to be Halloween or at least Fall (Most people seem to agree that Chai’s are definitely a Fall tea.) But I had an urge for a black tea to start off with today (I woke up around 10:30 but for some reason could not get myself off my behind to the kitchen to make tea before now.) and this is what my hand fell on.

Smell wise-Very Licorice-y. In fact when I was sniffing it last night I kept thinking it smelled like the licorice flavor Jujubees, which I have not eaten in years due to various things (Like preferring other candies like JellyBellies.)

Tastewise-I am not a huge fan of licorice and the last tea I had that had licorice was kind of weird and a bit gross. But in this….I like it. I’m considering going against my earlier plan of drinking the rest of the samples I had pulled out to have yesterday, today and tomorow and having a cup of Butterbeer, which I did not care for the few times I had it, but want to try again because otherwise I should give it away or pitch out-just taking up space in my cupboard otherwise.

So, if Frank were to reblend it, I would seriously consider buying a bag.

LOL. Since I read the tasting notes and description and ingredients in this tea and noticed that it has Lapsang Souchong in it, I am now thinking I taste an after taste of LS, I wonder if I really do or if it’s the power of suggestion?

**Note**1 About my calling myself a witch, no not talking down about myself, it is how I identify more or less, though I usually prefer Pagan or Spiritual with Pagan inclinations ;) Just for clarification, ya’all!

**Note**2 For future references, should drink this kind of fast as it doesn’t taste that great cooling down, which seems to be a characteristic of Chai blends.

Flavors: Licorice