I feel like a Popsicle…

Today it’s -33 Celsius out, with the wind chill making it -48 Celsius: a windchill warning has been put into affect, meaning it’s cold enough to cause frostbite and nerve damage if exposed to the cold for long times. And like an idiot, I took a shower today before work and ended stepping outside with slightly wet hair. Normally I’d walk to work (it’s a 15 minute walk) but I couldn’t bring myself to, so I took the bus instead. Yup – I paid for a two minute bus ride, and I have zero regrets about doing so. I’m going to have to walk home from work eventually though, since I didn’t bring enough cash for a bus ride home. Welp.

I knew I’d likely need some portable, liquid heat today though – so I brought this with me to drink upon arriving at work, which I’m doing now. It’s doing an excellent job of thawing me out, though. And it tastes like glorious, yummy cinnamon hearts. Just the perfect amount of spice for someone like me who is not too big into spicey things.

For preparation today, I made a 10 oz. cup using 1 1/2 tsp. of leaf steeped in about 90 degree water for four minutes. I then brewed up a second cup using the same leaf but with 5 oz. of water (same temp.) for four minutes. They were both poured together into my water bottle, which would normally cool them down to room temperature or cooler, but I’m actually drinking everything quick enough that it’s still very warm (though I wouldn’t call it hot).

Excellent! Now I just need something to eat…