drank Coconut Chai by Zhena's Gypsy Tea

I finally gave in and picked this up a few days ago because it was on sale at Kroger. (This had been on my Shopping List for at least 2 years.) I also want to note that my tin is black, unlike the one in the picture here.

By now I’ve had it both hot and iced, which is what I’m sipping on now. As far as chais go from my experience, this is a sort of mild one. The spices aren’t particularly strong, but that’s not to say it isn’t flavorful. It is, it just doesn’t burn my mouth like the chai at Java Monkey here in Decatur. (I love the burn…) Since the spices are so mild, I tend to drink this one without milk. When I brewed it for the first time, I put a few teaspoon’s worth in, which was also nice, but I was looking for a bolder experience.

The nutmeg and cinnamon are what I taste first, followed by delicious ginger and cardamom. I can’t say the coconut stands out very much, but it’s there. It adds a sweet sort of vanilla-like note, which I am loving right now. Sadly, though, this tea makes me miss Adagio’s Thai Chai. While I’ll be happy to finish this tin, I think I’m going to keep searching for my perfect chai…

yappychappy

How does this compare with Adagio Thai Chai? Have you had that one?

Tabby

Yeah, I really like their Thai Chai. This doesn’t have any lemongrass in it, so it tastes a little less, um, Asian for lack of better words. I remember Thai Chai having a bit of a stronger coconut flavor as well, which is another reason why I like it better.

Comments

yappychappy

How does this compare with Adagio Thai Chai? Have you had that one?

Tabby