Warm Maple Cream

Green White Blend
Cardamon, Cinnamon, Maple Syrup, Nutmeg, Spices, Toasted, Vanilla, Brown Sugar, Brown Toast, Cream, Creamy, Maple, Oats, Smooth, Sweet, Tannin
Organic, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by 52Teas

• “Hello, oatmeal I had for breakfast this morning. I like to doctor up my oatmeal with spices and brown sugar (sometimes) and this is reminiscent of those notes. More brown sugar than maple, in my...” Read full tasting note
  • “My afternoon/evening cuppa. I’ve been thinking maple a lot lately but haven’t been drawn to maple black tea as I had been overdosing on that combination not too long ago. The woodiness of...” Read full tasting note
  • “I swear I wrote a tea note for this guy ages ago. Eh. I don’t love this as much as some but I did enjoy it while it lasted. Hojicha and I are just not very close, although it’s alright on...” Read full tasting note
  • “I sure wish I had an entire pouch of this. Wow, this is delicious. Thank you to CrowKettle for the share. This is amazing plain. So much maple, smooth creamy notes with a lovely white tea base. It...” Read full tasting note

From 52teas

Tea of the Week for November 6, 2017!

When it comes to writing these tea descriptions, I try to recall what my inspiration was to create the blend. That’s proving a little difficult at the moment, because I really don’t recall what it was that inspired me to create this blend. I knew I wanted to create a white tea & houjicha blend. I wanted something that works well with the sweet, smooth yet toasty flavor that comes with this combination of tea leaves. My first thought is “Maple!” Because – maple. Do I need to explain or is “because maple” a good enough explanation on it’s own?

Earlier this year, I crafted a “Maple Forest” blend that was houjicha & white tea, in that case, it was a shou mei white tea. This time around, I am using an air-dried “Moonlight White” (or Yue Guang Bai) which has a softer flavor than the more assertive shou mei and I think I like it better than the shou mei. I like the way the lightness of the Yue Guang Bai unites with the houjicha for a flavor that’s both sweet and toasty as well as a smooth, silky texture. And I went heavier on the white tea than the green this time around – so that the roasted flavor from the green tea was more of an accent note rather than a strong flavor profile.

Despite the difference in white teas here and the lighter touch of houjicha – I wanted something else to make this stand out as a distinctly different blend from the Maple Forest so I decided to add some spice. Why not, right? So, I added some cardamom, cinnamon and nutmeg for a little warmth and because of the smooth, silky texture of this blend, I decided to add some creamy vanilla notes to the Maple.

This is a deliciously maple, creamy, cozy kind of tea experience! Very yum!

ingredients: white tea

organic ingredients: roasted green tea, cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla bean & natural flavors

About 52teas View company

Hello, oatmeal I had for breakfast this morning. I like to doctor up my oatmeal with spices and brown sugar (sometimes) and this is reminiscent of those notes. More brown sugar than maple, in my opinion, although yeah, the maple is very subtle. I think I might have crushed a maple candy and sprinkled a bit on my oatmeal. The houjicha base isn’t as toasty as others I’ve had in the past. Tastes more white tea than houjicha to me.

Overall, I like this! My mug is telling me that I need to start drinking more tea again.

tea-sipper

This is a houjicha and white tea blend, so maybe your serving had more white tea! I love this one.

Fjellrev

Yeah, I was thinking that! The loose tea in my basket looks rather even though. Maybe it’s the age of this tea coming through. It’s been kicking around for three years haha.

tea-sipper

I saw that it was three years old. I really need to work on drinking mine!

Fjellrev

You and me both!

The woodiness of houjicha soothed by the white is an awesome carrier for the flavour mix.

Still, it seems every single time I pull this tea out, I mull over whether the water for steeping needs to be hotter as per houjicha or lower as per white. Inevitably, I go with lower than boiling, as I do with all my black teas. Likely, with the temperature veering more in the direction of that for steeping green teas. I worry about the white tea becoming bitter with the hotter steep.

Regardless, my results are always delicious. So there’s that. I must be doing something right.

52Teas

My rule of thumb when I’m brewing a blend of two different tea types – go with the lower temperature.

Thanks, Anne.

Kittenna

Another delicious-sounding tea I missed! I think I missed a bunch around my wedding too. It took me far too long to figure that out, haha.

Evol Ving Ness

hahha, Kittenna, too funny! I understand the trauma of missing out :)

I swear I wrote a tea note for this guy ages ago. Eh.

I don’t love this as much as some but I did enjoy it while it lasted. Hojicha and I are just not very close, although it’s alright on occassion. It has a decent second steep too, which is a boon in a flavoured tea.

This was also a good self-reminder that I’m still looking for my ideal Maple tea to replace my old flame, Butiki’s Maple Pecan Oolong. I miss that tea so much; it replaced ice cream for me, folks! I think I just need a base that’s a little darker (coughNiligriFrostOolongcough)

Flavors: Cardamon, Cinnamon, Maple Syrup, Nutmeg, Spices, Toasted, Vanilla

Evol Ving Ness

Hmm, I know what you mean about Hojicha. I too have found it a hit and miss base for me. There was a 52teas blend not too long about that rocked my world though, so I haven’t given up on it completely.

Arby

You could give Murchie’s maple chai or Canadian breakfast a try. If you don’t have a Murchie’s near you, I can send some your way. :)

CrowKettle

Hmm, Canadian Breakfast is alright but it’s been a while since I’ve visited Murchies; We have a few locations around here but my favourite location is still downtown Vic. Also miss Jaga Silk and Silk Road (Vic trip may be in order for late spring).

CrowKettle

@Evol Ving Ness, I’m not going to give up on Hojicha just yet. I liked this one more than I usual so there’s hope. I also have “cardamon fatigue” so I shouldn’t blame Hojicha completely here XD

Lexie Aleah

maybe try adding pecans to a similar blend.

Arby

The downtown Vic one has a great bakery too. If you come to the city, consider going to Special Teas Inc on Yates street. They have a great milk oolong and they blend all of their own teas.

This is amazing plain. So much maple, smooth creamy notes with a lovely white tea base. It is both flavourful and smooth. It reminds me of maple brown sugar oatmeal.

With a splash of soy milk this is even thicker and creamier. The maple and oat flavours come through even more. A little bit of molasses and spices.

52Teas has really blended the perfect breakfast blend of maple, smooth white tea, and creamy sweet flavours. It also resteeps really well and takes milk if you want a richer morning drink.

Flavors: Brown Sugar, Brown Toast, Cream, Creamy, Maple, Maple Syrup, Oats, Smooth, Spices, Sweet, Tannin

sounds yum!

Evol Ving Ness

Yep, totally craving that cup.

Additional notes: This is still amazingly flavored and note to self: DO A THIRD STEEP. It’s a very comforting cup (or three).

Courtney

The name is this one sounds amazing.

The name fits!

Mastress Alita

I was going to pull this one for sipdown soon since its in my 2017 stash. :-)

tea-sipper

I think this is a blend that somehow lasts a while.