Pomegranate Pizzazz

Fruit Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “I agree with *Erin Hurley* on this one. It tastes more like apple than pomegranate. It’s sweet and tart from the hibiscus but at a tolerable level. Overall, it’s nothing exceedingly special. ...” Read full tasting note
    CHAroma 509 tasting notes
  • “So here's another ASHLEY tea :3 I know you think you taste like pomegranate, but you taste like apples. Why didn't you just tell me? I would still drink you! I am still drinking you! But you so...” Read full tasting note
    erinhurley 135 tasting notes
  • “As with most red-colored herb teas, I was bracing myself for a wickedly sour hibiscus rush (didn't check ingredient list to see, just assumed)...and there wasn't one! Flavor corresponds nicely and...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1690 tasting notes
  • “I must have thought this was good tea because when I was organizing my tea shelf (ahem, cupboard) I found 5 packets, they are now cold steeping over night and waiting for my commentary tomorrow.” Read full tasting note
    erinn 232 tasting notes

From Bigelow

Leave it to Bigelow to blend 100% natural herb tea with real fruit juice for a whole new concept in fresh brewed tea! Specially created for today’s healthy lifestyles, this tea is scrumptious hot or iced and great for whole family.

Ingredients: apple, hibiscus, blackberry leaves, natural pomegranate and other natural flavors (soy lecithin), orange peel, malic acid, licorice root, natural pomegranate and apple juices from concentrate and gluten free

About Bigelow View company

I agree with Erin Hurley on this one. It tastes more like apple than pomegranate. It’s sweet and tart from the hibiscus but at a tolerable level. Overall, it’s nothing exceedingly special. But it’s not bad either. It’s just
so-so.

So here’s another ASHLEY tea :3

I know you think you taste like pomegranate, but you taste like apples. Why didn’t you just tell me? I would still drink you! I am still drinking you! But you so not taste like pomegranate. I looked at your ingredients. It says apple. You don’t taste like tea. Juice. Apple juice. With hibiscus. I won’t hate on you though. You’re good iced with splenda, and I won’t put you out.

Ashley Bain

lol! your reviews are so cute.

Bigelow Tea

Erin, we certainly can understand your comments on the flavor being more of apple than pomegranate…..although you feel it is lacking the pomegranate flavor, we are happy you find the flavor enjoyable.
Kathy for Bigelow Tea

As with most red-colored herb teas, I was bracing myself for a wickedly sour hibiscus rush (didn’t check ingredient list to see, just assumed)…and there wasn’t one! Flavor corresponds nicely and accurately with the nice fruity scent. Even a little bubble-gummy. I can see serving this one at a teddy bear tea party with … uh, the hypothetical granddaughter that may or may not materialize some decades down the road …

Iced 8 min or more

1. Steepings

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 200 Fahrenheit
Time: 3 minutes
I thought that I would give the pomegranate pizzazz a try seeing that it is similar to the Blackcurrant tea that I have enjoyed in past and all Bigelow teas I have tried have been wonderfully good.
I take one of the tea bags from tea cupboard upstairs and add this to my cup with the boiled water over it and leave it to steep for few minutes.

The tea darkens to a lovely rosy red in color; a darken crimson and smells wonderfully of the pomegranate, making for a sweet, fruity aroma. When I sip of the tea, it is indeed pomegranate blend and very sweet…licorice like

2nd Steeping:
Water temperature: 200 Fahrenheit
Time: 5 minutes

I steep the tea using the same bag for several minutes and the teas aroma is as before; a sweet liquor but more like wine with hints of blackberry and hibiscus as this gives it its tartness.

Overall, tea has a lovely fruity aroma, made up of pomegranate, hibiscus, blackberry leaves and apple. The tea’s color is a rose-red-pink and when tasting of the tea, it is sweet with a drying effect upon swallowing of the tea. And there is a tartness that adds to this dry feeling in the back of throat. I would say that this tea is on the acidic side as well and by this I mean high salt (salicylic / saline) content.

This tea is very similar to the Blackcurrant Tea from London Fruit and Herbs Company; only the color is that of grape.

I agree with the previously mentioned banana scent. It’s a mild flavor, but overall pretty much unremarkable. I’m basically just clearning out my tea bag collection so I can justify getting myself more loose teas.

Backlogging.

This was my before bed tea last night. More than anything I want to write this note to remind myself that this is a very decent apple tea. I’ve been on the lookout for good apple teas for months now, so I was happy to stumble across this one. I never tasted pomegranate, but the apple taste is fruity, juicy, and sweet. There is no tart hibiscus flavor (always a concern with herbals), and I found it very relaxing which is what I want in a nighttime tisane.

I like this tea, but I love fruity herbal teas. Sweet.

I got this in my recent swap with Hapatite

I made this as I wanted something sweet , and also wanted to not break my diet. Looking at the ingredients, this seemed to fit the bill – nice and fruity, with liquorice root which I hoped would make it sweet enough not to require sugar.

Dry, it smells… Nice. Not of too much, just nice. Vaguely fruity but I’m not sure I can pick out the pomegranate just yet. It could just be that it’s been a while since I had pomegranate. Steeping, the fruity smell is wonderful, and I can definitely pick out the pomegranate now.

The pomegranate is initially lost again in the sip – I taste fruits, maybe like a berry and apple drink, but no pomegranate. If I concentrate, I can tell the pomegranate is there, but it doesn’t shine through as the dominant flavour. I might actually make a comparison between the initial flavour and the filling of an apple and blackberry pie. It’s also a little tart, which is okay, but not as sweet as I’d expected with the liquorice root. The pomegranate taste does come through in the aftertaste, though, which is purely pomegranate.

I’m glad I got to try this, but my curiosity is now satisfied and I’m not sure I like it enough to buy more. If it was on offer at, say, a meeting, I wouldn’t turn it down.

This tea is okay but undistinguished. Teas that attempt to pander to flavor-of-the-week contemporary tastes in produce are all prone to disappoint.