Organic Decaf Korakundah

Edit tea info Last updated by Butiki Teas
Boiling 3 min, 45 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

• “This is such a great tea to have around. I really don't find that caffeine actually affects me in that it keeps me up. Although, I truly wish it did during the semester. But, I have a bad habit of...” Read full tasting note
    Courtney 579 tasting notes
  • “Made a double strong pot of this tea for me and my husband and a batch of this chai mix http://www.food.com/recipe/awesome-and-economical-chai-concentrate-34713 So we are having some AWESOME...” Read full tasting note
    paradigmamnesia 693 tasting notes
  • “Often, I'd prefer decaf tea at night, but up until now, I've been disappointed with the ones I've tried. Since I've been extremely pleased with Butiki Teas, I decided to take a chance with Organic...” Read full tasting note
    djahls 163 tasting notes
  • “Excited to try a new decaf, so I pulled this from the cabinet tonight. Made a cup.....so weak I had to try again. Used twice the recommended tea and got a light cup that had a taste of green tea...” Read full tasting note
    Tannin balm 65 tasting notes

From Butiki Teas

Originating from the Korakundah Estate in Nilgiri, India, this black tea is grown at an elevation of 8,000 feet. The Korakundah Estate is biodynamic, pesticide free, and socially responsible. Organic Decaf Korakundah is an FOP (Flowery Orange Pekoe) grade. This tea is decaffeinated at the estate through an all-natural water decaffeination process. Pure well water is utilized to remove 99% of the caffeine content. Organic Decaf Korakundah has rich barley and citrus notes and a sweet finish. This pleasantly malty tea has a weighty mouth feel yet is mellow and smooth.

Ingredients: Decafinated Organic Indian Black Tea

Recommended Brew Time: 3 minutes 30 seconds
Recommended Amount: 1 teaspoon of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 212 F degrees (boiling)

For more information, please visit www.butikiteas.com.

About Butiki Teas View company

This is such a great tea to have around. I really don’t find that caffeine actually affects me in that it keeps me up. Although, I truly wish it did during the semester. But, I have a bad habit of drinking way too much straight black tea on an empty stomach, and in that respect the caffeine content has been detrimental to my poor stomach. This is the perfect solution!

I’m getting almost a hay-like flavour tonight, with that natural sweetness. It’s perfect for the dinner success we just had. We decided today to make stew for the first time, and it turned out amazing! The scent and taste was just like home. :) And now we’re finishing off with cornmeal muffins and this tea. Yum!

keychange

Your dinner and dessert sound delicious!

So we are having some AWESOME decaf chai together this evening! :D

Often, I’d prefer decaf tea at night, but up until now, I’ve been disappointed with the ones I’ve tried. Since I’ve been extremely pleased with Butiki Teas, I decided to take a chance with Organic Decaf Korakundah. As I sip it right now, I’m pleasantly surprised. It is certainly the best decaf black tea I’ve had. I’ll be getting more of it.

Excited to try a new decaf, so I pulled this from the cabinet tonight. Made a cup…..so weak I had to try again. Used twice the recommended tea and got a light cup that had a taste of green tea (?) to it….since I only really drink black blends with milk and honey, this fell short of what my mouth was looking for. For those who drink other types of teas ( Darjeeling, etc) this might be a lovely cup, but I won’t be finishing the packet.

2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

This my first review ever on this website and with Butiki Teas. I’m going to say “wow”. This tea is very nice. At first, I found the tea nice but without any flavor. After a couple of sips, I started to get the citrus flavors and a very faint honey flavor. I’m pretty amazed, this tea is not bitter at all and well deserves to be known.