Caramel Toffee Pu-erh

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Available from 1 seller.

From Capital Teas

Desert in a cup! The earthiness of pu-erh fuses with delicious caramel to form a sweetly decadent finish; warming and think, this tea is layered with notes of sweet earth, burnt caramel and cream.

About Capital Teas View company

Tea of the evening here… today I went on a long hike with my boyfriend and felt good enough about doing that to order beer and nachos for dinner… ha ha. Unfortunately that also left me with a stomach ache that I was hoping some shu would settle.

I’ve had this blend for over 2 years now, it isn’t bad, I just kind of wish it was gone. Today I gave it a quick rinse and actually found it’s better that way. I did rinse off some of the flavoring too, but in this case that may be a blessing. At least it doesn’t smell fishy like that horrible flavored puerh from David’s. I think I will stop buying flavored puerh though, it is so much better unflavored.

CapitalTeas

Thanks for your review! If you haven’t tried it already, I’d recommend our Aged Golden Pu-erh. Happy Brewing :)

So apparently I’ve never rated this one…even if I’ve had it several times… Amy oh’s review from yesterday reminded me I had this tea. I knew it was going to be my tea of the morning. I had planned to get up at my usual time (even on my surprise day off – due to an excellent conference) but I eased into my day and slept a half an hour later (living the life I know).

But I took my time getting ready for the day = internet. Then I gathered the laundry to start, showered, etc. FINALLY I got the kettle going and had to do a little digging to find this one. I have to say it reminds me of coffee in both smell and taste. But not in a bad way. More like welcome back to a better way to have that caffeine kick. I did add a little soy creamer to this one and some of the amazing Vanilla Sugar from Penzey’s – which is mine and mine alone in the house!

I do get a lot of the pu-erh in this tea even with the additions to it. BUT I think the suger is finally allowing the caramel toffee flavor to shine here. I seem to taste the pu-erh more on the finish this time around rather than right from the start. A really nice way to start my lovely day off.

TeaBrat

I might add some sugar to mine next time too

Got this from my mystery swap with Moraiwe. Breakfast in bed for me this morning with some brioche toast with Nutella and some catching up on Greys anatomy from last week. Perfection in a cup. The aroma was very sweet. To the taste you can taste the caramel and smell the toffee. In the second steep I will add a little sugar and milk. Latte style. Thank you for this tea!