Black Herbal Blend
Almond, Cookie, Floral, Malt, Raisins
Edit tea info Last updated by Shmiracles

• “I had such a wonderful day! I had a long walk in the canyon and my husband purchased me a copy of the Dhammapada. I've noticed that I have not been drinking many of my black tea blends; this one in...” Read full tasting note
    Tamm 540 tasting notes
  • “"There's another bedroom upstairs, if you'll be needing two bedrooms." "Of course we'll be needing two bedrooms." "Oh, don't worry. We get all sorts 'round here. Mrs. Turner next door's got married...” Read full tasting note
    shmiracles 744 tasting notes
  • “I didn't like it as much as I thought I would, considering I love almonds, assam, and flowers. Should have had it with biscuits ;)” Read full tasting note
    oddree 98 tasting notes
  • “This is lovely! I really like the combination of almond flavour and the floral notes from the osmanthus. It's fragrant and sweet, but not overwhelmingly so-- a perfect match for Mrs. Hudson. ...” Read full tasting note
    perspicacitea 19 tasting notes

From Custom-Adagio Teas, Cara McGee

A sweet, mature blend, with floral notes and a faint whiff of biscuits.

Inspired by BBC’s Sherlock, which I am in no way affiliated with. This is created purely for my own enjoyment.

ingredients:
assam melody, almond, osmanthus

About Custom-Adagio Teas, Cara McGee View company

I had such a wonderful day! I had a long walk in the canyon and my husband purchased me a copy of the Dhammapada. I’ve noticed that I have not been drinking many of my black tea blends; this one in particular. I think that this is largely due to the fact that it was pretty low key. The flavor is mainly sweet almond and slight floral notes. The black base is also very evident in this one. I always am cautious not to oversteep this one.

“There’s another bedroom upstairs, if you’ll be needing two bedrooms.”
“Of course we’ll be needing two bedrooms.”
“Oh, don’t worry. We get all sorts ‘round here. Mrs. Turner next door’s got married ones.”

i’ll be honest. this cup of tea is really very good.
i’m not sure that the half-a-sample-tin i’m splitting with moraiwe will be enough. it’s basically just assam and almond tea. simple.
and yet it tasted like old quilts and warm cookies. so warming and cozy when i brewed it first thing this morning! maybe i’m extra sensitive and susceptible first thing in the morning, but i’m still looking forward to another cup tomorrow :)
and i’m gonna have it with tea biscuits then too!

2014/02/06
finished my sample up as i packed up tea swaps to mail tomorrow. there was something i really liked about this tea and if i keep considering it for weeks to come, which leads to buying some of my own or at least getting more in a swap, i wouldn’t be surprised.

__Morgana__

I’m not your housekeeper dear. ;-)

oddree

Oh, asssam!

I didn’t like it as much as I thought I would, considering I love almonds, assam, and flowers. Should have had it with biscuits ;)

This is lovely! I really like the combination of almond flavour and the floral notes from the osmanthus. It’s fragrant and sweet, but not overwhelmingly so— a perfect match for Mrs. Hudson. Definitely one of my favourites so far.

Mrs. Hudson, you smell like delicious noms, but you’re actually kind of plain and sharp, aren’t you? The dry leaf has an amazing almond sugar dessert aroma, while the liquid steam is full of raisins, malt and almond. The actual flavour is something else.

This assam nut tea is easily flattened and drowned out by milk, but somewhat nippy without it. I think I prefer it without the milk- at least the talons to the tongue keep me occupied, and they come armed with almond cookies! There’s also a juicy note that seeps out for the finish. There’s no denying this tea has a lot of life.

As with other Indian Assam varieties I’ve come across, I think I’d rather drink this alongside some yogurt. I like my tea a little tamer than this!

EDIT: Steeping this at 200F for a couple minutes yields more hospitable cookies, and less attitude. I miss the lack of raisin prevalence however.

Flavors: Almond, Cookie, Floral, Malt, Raisins

Ah, I miss you, Mrs. Hudson. Your ridiculous history and gentle, welcoming and open nature really touched my heart in the BBC version of Sherlock. This tea, I was a bit surprised at the ingredients, and wasn’t sure if I wanted to try it today. Then I smelled it, and hooboy! I needed to have some. Like right now. It smells like a creamy marzipan candy, and tastes like it too.

Hm. It seems that Steepster has a weird algorithm going, where folks who choose not to rate teas, still get factored in. Why do I say this? Because this tea is only rated 76, yet the two folks who did rate it, rated it very highly. While I understand that there are some factors beyond our knowledge (and it’s pretty easy to figure out when you rate a tea 100 and you’re the first who did), however non-ratings shouldn’t affect the overall rating whatsoever. Just my two cents.

Brewed this up to go with my late night snack! I was in the mood for a really salty treat, like pretzels or tortilla chips. All I have is popcorn though, so kettle corn it is! I didn’t think my usual fruity tea would go along well, so I reached for this one out of my sampler. It’s still like I remember it, malty with that bit of almond that isn’t too strong. Added just a bit of sugar and it’s a perfect pairing!

Flavors: Malt