Thé Jardin Bleu Royal

Black Tea, Cornflower Petals, Natural Strawberry Flavor, Rhubarb
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Patty L

• “Finally opened this one as I’ve cleanly polished off a couple of other flavoured black teas (it’s easy to accumulate lots when they all sound so good!) – have been looking forward...” Read full tasting note
    macaronic 82 tasting notes
  • “GCTTB5 Box 2. After trying this tea, then reading the reviews, I definitely get a different taste then most other people. The dry tea and brewed tea smells like creamy blueberry. Which I was not...” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 869 tasting notes
  • “GCTTB5 box#2 This was a lovely tea with prominent notes of strawberry and rhubarb. I am not sure that I would have picked out those flavours though if I would have tasted this blind. It is...” Read full tasting note
    tigress_al 1105 tasting notes
  • “Another sipdown and man am I going to miss this tea! It tastes of the most luscious yet delicate red berries… Almost like the first berries of the season, not overly juicy like the over ripe...” Read full tasting note
    beelicious 212 tasting notes

From Ladurée

Thé Jardin Bleu Royal (Royal Garden Blue Tea): Non-smoked China and India tea blend with rhubarb and wild strawberry flavours, scattered with cornflower and belianthus petals.

About Ladurée View company

Finally opened this one as I’ve cleanly polished off a couple of other flavoured black teas (it’s easy to accumulate lots when they all sound so good!) – have been looking forward to it for a while. The first and last time I drank this tea was in Covent Garden, with my girlfriend, over pastries, and I remembered it being so, so sweet and delicious…

Funnily, it’s not giving me the same sweet surprise this time round! I’m finding familiarity in the cornflower and wild strawberry flavours as are in Yumchaa’s Notting Hill, although it’s a little more floral to begin with, and leaves a splendid, slightly acidic finish with the rhubarb. The black tea base is definitely there but it doesn’t overpower the added flavours at all – I think this might become my next comforting go-to tea once I run out of Notting Hill.

GCTTB5 Box 2.

The dry tea and brewed tea smells like creamy blueberry. Which I was not expecting at all.

The brewed tea is very thick, milky and creamy. There is a definite cornflower petal taste. The black base is very light and smooth. The only fruit taste I am getting is blueberry, no strawberry. The blueberry may be a bit of the rhubarb but I wouldn’t have guessed that without reading the description of this tea.

It is definitely good. I like the creaminess of this tea. It feels like a very luxurious tea.

GCTTB5 box#2

This was a lovely tea with prominent notes of strawberry and rhubarb. I am not sure that I would have picked out those flavours though if I would have tasted this blind. It is slightly floral in the black tea base, or maybe due to the addition of the flower petals. Very enjoyable.

Another sipdown and man am I going to miss this tea! It tastes of the most luscious yet delicate red berries… Almost like the first berries of the season, not overly juicy like the over ripe berries at the end of summer that you want to make into jams or pies but instead light and delicate, the type of berries you want to just eat straight off the bush and savor the complexity… Hmm, I think I should do some baking soon :)

This tea really reminds me of times backcountry camping in Alaska in Summer when we would come across wild blueberries and devour them straight off the bush, sweet yet tart and oh so juicy (except this tea tastes like strawberries, rhubarb and cherries not blueberries!)

An amazing spring tea treat!

Another sample from Sil :) I’m very impressed with this one; it pretty much tastes like the most satisfying fruity black ever. Juicy and fruity (as Sil said, like a red fruits-type tea), with a bit of sweet-tartness to give it an edge. Not perfumey or overly floral. It’s really quite enjoyable, with a lovely fruity/creamy aftertaste.

I tried this one out today as i have a swap buddy who wants to taste this and i figured i should at least try a few of the teas before sending it off. this is a lovely tea – it’s reminiscent of those “red fruit teas” that you can pick up from DF, MF and a multitude of other french companies while still NOT being those teas. I’m not sure if that makes sense, but i’m tired of red fruit teas…and this one i would still drink.

cteresa

I had it, just a cup, not long ago! It is OK, but kind of dammann-ish – they themselves have a jardin bleu tea which is not too different from this one (but not quite the same if my nose remembers rights)

i prefer this one to the DF version, though that’s memory speaking and i couldn’t say why. A nice tea for the summer i think

Prominent fruity, berry-like smell, similar to a light fruit punch. The smell of this blend really reminds me of strawberries and cream oatmeal. The only way to get this in the U.S. is to call Laduree’ store in NYC directly.
For more info please see my full review:

This is one of my all-time favorites. I wish I could order more online!