Marie Antoinette

Chinese Black Tea, Honey, Jasmine, Lemon, Lime, Orange, Rose, Tangerine
Honey, Rose, Vanilla, Grapefruit, Orange
Edit tea info Last updated by srtasabelocasi
200 °F / 93 °C 2 min, 45 sec 66 oz / 1966 ml

From Ladurée

One of Laduree’s top-selling blends and described on their website as redolent of “a pastoral walk at the Petit Trianon”, Marie Antoinette’s private retreat on palace grounds.
Ingredients: Chinese black tea, rose and jasmine petals, essential oils, citrus fruit (grapefruit, lemon, orange, pineapple, tangerine, lime) and honey.

About Ladurée View company

A decadent and delicious floral gourmand which is quite addictive! Laduree teas are pricey but worth every penny!

I’ve been absent for quite a while. But that is only because I have been traipsing through Europe. I’m not going to lie, it was amazing.

I picked up some really great teas. Not as many as I would have like to but they only let you bring back so much. Ha ha. Someone in customs needs to really start drinking tea so they would just understand.

This is the only Laduree tea I picked up. There were so many I wanted to get it was hard to decide.

This was smells beautiful. It is very citrusy, slightly floral.

The tea base is moderately bold, it is bolder than I thought it would be, I feel like there is a slight smokiness to the base. I know this sounds weird but the smokiness makes the tea more “garden-like”. There are notes of citrus, more so grapefruit I think. There is a floral undertone, it is definitely rose. There is a slight sweetness to the tea. I think if there was a bit of rock sugar added it would really make the citrus flavours pop. This tea is really smooth.

Impressed with this one. I am happy this is the one I chose.

So exciting! Which countries did you visit if you don’t mind my asking?

I travelled through Italy and France with a quick stop in Monaco.

“only bring back so much…” i brought back 3.5kg lol so glad you had an amazing time!

Unique! Delicious!

Flavors: Honey, Rose, Vanilla

The aroma of this tea may put those of you without a sweet tooth off this tea, but trust me, when I say this tea is absolutely delectable. This tea is 75% Chinese Black Tea, 15% Indian Black Tea and 2% Sri Lankan Black Tea, however this is impressively light and very smooth on the palate. The aroma is a rich, honeyed, pineapple taste, which made me dubious as to whether the blend would be too overwhelming, but I was proven wrong. This tea is incredibly light, with delicate notes, and a brilliant after taste. At first you have the delicate tea, which the slight of hint of orange and the merest hint of grapefruit, however as the liquor leaves the palate, you experience sweet honeyed notes and light rose. It’s a perfect, light summer tea. I buy loose, however I know these come in tea bags if needed.

Flavors: Grapefruit, Honey, Orange, Rose

A great tea for a lazy day at home

Chris Coppens