Edit tea info Last updated by Shmiracles

From Ladurée

Delicate blend of black team cocoa, caramel and vanilla. A gourmet and passionate tribute to Colette and her writings.

About Ladurée View company

Another tea sample that i acquired at Saturday’s tea meet, this one via the lovely sil.

I read her tasting note about it and saw that she wasn’t getting as much flavour as she wanted with a shorter steep, so I opted for a full five minutes, because the smell of this tea is divine. You can smell the vanilla and caramel, and something about it just smells so high quality for lack of a better term. To the point where it’s verging on something else, although i can’t quite put my finger on it. Candied pralines, maybe? Anyway, it definitely smells like a French bakery. Unfortunately, the scent doesn’t really persevere into the flavour, or rather it’s much more delicate and significantly muted. That said, it was still a delightfully delicious cup, and I have plans to finish off the sample in a larger mug. French teas can be quite overwhelmable in my experience, so sometimes they do require a bit of tinkering.

so many teas…so little time. post wedding sick is all up in this household…woot woot!