Lipton Black Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by lampbane

From Lipton

The tea that started it all. LIPTON Orange Pekoe and Pekoe cut black tea is the perfect blend for the perfect cup of tea. Our original tea has been brewed for years for a reason: it tastes delicious.

About Lipton View company

It's Lipton,. They're pretty big.

It’s an okay cuppa. Also, it was the first of two teas I drank at Sue Kolve’s Salon. I guess, it’s just basically a CUP O’ TEA. Sadly, I don’t believe it’s Chinese or British-made but for an American cup it’s good.

I had this while waiting for a job interview a year or so ago. It was bitter and flavorless. To be fair, it probably had been sitting in that box for a very long time.

This can be had for about $4 per 100 bags at the local CVS on occasion, so I typically make Southern-style sweet iced tea from it. I’d never dream of drinking it hot – it’s not particularly bad, but it is exceedingly bland.
-Cash

I give it more than zero only because it can inject caffeine into my system at 3 o’ clock when there are no other teas available. Other than that, it tastes like nothing. When people say that they “don’t like tea,” it’s usually because all they know is Lipton.

Boiling 8 min or more

It’s okay. Cheap enough to put in my thermos to take to school every day and give me a bit of caffeine. It’s kind of like junk food—I know it’s not good, but somehow it’s relaxing in how cheap and average it is.

There’s a reason why it’s free at hotels, I guess. It’s pretty drinkable if you line your cup with honey, put the hot water directly onto two bags so that it hits as it’s being poured, steep until it’s dark enough, take one out, and put in a good bit of milk. Makeshift Asian milk tea when your resources are low.

Today at work I really felt like a having a cup of black tea with milk, and I would have loved a cup of any sort of Irish breakfast tea, but unfortunately my choices were the silver needle and the standard bag of Lipton that we keep at work. I chose the Lipton, it had been ages since I’d had any (I usually bring tea from home), so what the hell, I gave it a try. I usually add lemon to Lipton, so today was a bit different when I added milk. It wasn’t horrible and satiated my craving. As I poured the milk into the cup I was reminded of a coworker who made a cup of tea, and added a creamer to her cup, and upon doing so exclaimed that the creamer was bad! That happens occasionally in the restaurant business, so I told her to just make a new cup of tea. Then she explained that first she added the lemon, and then the creamer. I then explained that when you combine milk and lemon, the milk curdles. Hours later, when making a new cup of tea, I saw her add a creamer to her cup, and then exclaim, “it did it again!”
Me: “did you add lemon?”
Her: “yeah”
Me: “milk plus lemon will curdle every time”

And then I had to walk away.

Undrinkable hot – for me, this is what hot tea tasted like for years, and it is nasty. Iced, it is ok. Would never buy it.

The first thought was, by god this is considered tea?, couldn’t even get through one cup, and through more study found that the leaves actually smell like shreded alfalfa. though that would probably have tasted better.

This is the reason why I long thought that I didn’t like hot tea. OK sweetened and ice cold on ice cubes. But hot? Blech…