English Breakfast

Edit tea info Last updated by Stacie Taylor

From New English Teas

The fresh taste of Kenyan Tea blended with the strength of Indian and the flavour of Ceylon, creates an ideal breakfast tea. This brisk smooth tasting blend is usually taken with the traditional English breakfast, but also now drunk through the day.

About New English Teas View company

I finally broke into my New English Teas collection boxes for breakfast this morning. The collection has breakfast tea, afternoon tea and traditional tea.

pic.twitter.com/ivGz5yG5Sp

I wasn’t a fan of New English Teas Earl Grey as for me it was just too mild but hopefully this breakfast tea is full bodied like I’m craving right now.

Served with a drop of milk. This tea smells leathery, rich and sour. Flavour is very rich and definitely full bodied but it’s also musty and woody. Not quite what I was looking for but it will do. The leather and wood aspect is the strongest so I’m toning it down with a little stevia sugar.

That’s better, now it’s a completely different tea. Tastes maltier and less thick and earthy but it keeps it’s richness. In the morning the last thing I want to taste is leather or wood, I want something refreshing and clean.

Overall it’s an average black tea that requires milk and stevia sugar before becoming drinkable. Without sweetener this is rated at roughly 6.5/10 and with sweetener this is rated at roughly 7.5/10. It truly makes a huge difference.

Veronica

I love the packaging. So cute!

This is part of a gift pack of 3 teas that my in-laws brought back from England for me. I am having this today for the last day of the London Olympics. I had a great time watching them!

This is actually the loose version of the tea. This was very bold and malty. I had it with milk as the English would. Honestly, I think this tea would maybe be a little harsh without the milk, but with milk it is nice and smooth.

This packs a bit of a punch, but great for this morning as I was only half awake and was getting for another long shift at the hospital.

This loose leaf English Breakfast selection was in my New English Teas gift pack that Santa brought me this year. I am sipping it now as I speak…uh…type.

I am enjoying this tea. It has a bold and full flavor. My tastebuds are reading malt and a hint of spice. I am not detecting any bitterness.

I brewed the tea for three minutes at 212 degrees. This method produced lots of flavor, even in the first cup.

All in all, this has the rich, complete, and signature flavor for which fine British teas are known. It’s still too soon to know how the caffeine content will revive my metabolism, but I do believe I feel my eyes starting to open wider.

This came in a gift pack so I wasn’t expecting the best but was pleased with my morning cup. It seemed to have enough kick to start the day.

I brought some souvenir tins of tea back from England. Two of them are adorable retro WW1 tins with graphics about tea rationing on them. I opened one of those up this morning and brewed up a cup. I am pleasantly surprised – it’s quite good, and I was expecting crap since it was a fairly inexpensive tourist trinket.

You can see the tins I got here: http://www.newenglishteas.com/memorabilia.html

The box says the tea is sourced ethically, which if true, makes me happy.

With cream and sweetener, it smells nice, tastes a bit malty, and isn’t bitter.

Thumbs up! If you are in the UK, want a fun souvenir for yourself or a loved one, I think the tea rations tins are a good choice.

I am new to really exploring with these teas but I received this tea as a gift from my grandma and I actually really like it. It has a bold flavor but it very easy just sit back and sip on. I added a teaspoon of raw sugar and soy milk to it after tasting it alone. I enjoy both ways.

english people must have some shitty breakfast