Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Nina's Tea USA
22 oz / 650 ml

• “First, if you have not steeped your Nina's Teas yet - don't use your American oversized mug. The samples seem much more suited to dainty 6oz cups than our usual 12-16oz beasties. I wish I had...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1161 tasting notes
  • “I was thrilled to see this in my most recent package of samples from Nina's since I'm such a big fan of jasmine teas! I don't believe I've ever tasted lotus in a tea before. I'm not sure I can pick...” Read full tasting note
    paradigmamnesia 694 tasting notes
  • “I think the only time I've ever had a jasmine tea was when I went out for dim sum. It definitely goes well with dim sum. This tea smells heavenly. I enjoyed two steeps of it, the second of which...” Read full tasting note
    Tealizzy 434 tasting notes
  • “The first jasmine tea I ever had was a total bust, almost a disaster. It made me feel sick, as if I had been drinking perfume. I thought I was destined to hate jasmine teas but then I tried some...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1769 tasting notes

From Nina's Paris

Jasmine, lotus flower
A delicate blend of jasmine and lotus. Enjoy the pleasant floral scent of jasmine and how the lotus flowers add a subtle note to the tea. A tea to bring you a moment of rest and tranquility.

About Nina's Paris View company

First, if you have not steeped your Nina’s Teas yet – don’t use your American oversized mug. The samples seem much more suited to dainty 6oz cups than our usual 12-16oz beasties. I wish I had realized why these were coming out so light before hand. Live and learn.

This one is a lovely relaxing cup that is a mild twist on standard jasmine tea. The leaf is very finely cut and very dark for green tea. There is some flower petals in the mix. The jasmine is the good stuff. What I mean is it is not the gross bitter stuff passed off as jasmine in cheap or bagged teas. The lotus is a very light floral note in the late sip and reminded me of the flavor of Tazo Lotus. That happens to be one of the few I like by Tazo. The base is a bit harder to separate out. Definitely not grassy or bitter.

Thank you Nina’s Tea for the sample.

ashmanra

I have been using a ten ounce cup and not filling it all the way. I resteep immediately, too, and that way I get about a 16 ounce serving from the sample. I always try to taste the first steep by itself a bit, then combine the steeps.

I was thrilled to see this in my most recent package of samples from Nina’s since I’m such a big fan of jasmine teas! I don’t believe I’ve ever tasted lotus in a tea before. I’m not sure I can pick it out over the jasmine flavor/scent. This is a particularly flowery jasmine! The base tea is a little richer and heavier and less sweet than my beloved jasmine pearl teas. Nice if you are in the mood for something with a little more body to it! This is basically a fancier version of the basic jasmine tea they serve at my favorite Chinese restaurant. Classic and sophisticated :)

I think the only time I’ve ever had a jasmine tea was when I went out for dim sum. It definitely goes well with dim sum. This tea smells heavenly. I enjoyed two steeps of it, the second of which was more enjoyable, since I didn’t oversteep it. It seems to like about a one minute steep. I think this is a tea I would like to have now and then. Would probably be delicious paired with a rice dish. Thanks for the sample, Nina’s Paris!!

The first jasmine tea I ever had was a total bust, almost a disaster. It made me feel sick, as if I had been drinking perfume. I thought I was destined to hate jasmine teas but then I tried some really good….no…..really great ones.

This is a free sample provided by Nina’s and I saved it for a game night tonight because one of my guests has spent a bit of time in China and really loves jasmine tea. I promised to save the sample until we could drink it together.

The leaves are so dark that I wasn’t sure at first if this was green or black, but definitely it is green. The scent is heavenly. I steeped one tablespoon in 22 ounces of 174F water for three minutes. We tasted the first steep and added the second steep to it.

The verdict – this is a really good jasmine green. The jasmine is rich and natural, not fake or “perfume-y”. The liquor was a deep yellow color and the resteep maintained much of the strength of the first steep. The green tea base had a lot of presence but was smooth, much better to me than the Grace Rare Tea version, which I can drink with a meal but is a bit sour for me by itself. This one is a delight on its own and is also good with food,

After tasting the tea twice – first steep by itself, then first and second mixed – we passed around a box of truffles and I must say it was a fantastic pairing.

Thank you, Nina’s!

3 tsp 22 OZ / 650 ML

Thank you Laurent and Sophie at Nina’s Paris for a sample of this tea. It is not one I would have tried on my own because I am not a lover of floral teas. This one in particular is like sweet, candied flowers – along the lines of Violette by Dammann Freres. Not for me but definitely something I believe others should try if they are into floral teas.