Peppermint Leaves

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Scheherazade

From Teapigs

About this tea:
As with our normal teas, we insist that our herbal ones always use the whole leaf or flower. The leaf should be worshipped, not crushed. You’ll find the mint will be fresher and finer than any teabag mint you have tasted before.

Mint is well known to be a great tummy tonic, so sip this when your stomach is grumbling.

Compare the leaf in our tea temples to the dust in your regular tea bag; whole leaf is best.

Taste:
Pure mint – so, as you’d expect a strong minty taste, then. Very refreshing, very light.

Try it:
Pure. Or try a mini blend of 1 Peppermint Leaves tea temple and 1 Chocolate Flake – voilà! Mint choc chip!

Good if you’re feeling: Unpleasant to be around. This helps to eradicate toxic breath and a dodgy stomach.

To buy our peppermint leaf herbal tea online, select the quantity of loose leaf tea, temple teas or sample tins you would like and then add to basket. Please note that our loose tea is now a 30g pack weight.

About Teapigs View company

My fave peppermint – straight-up herbal…hands down and SIPDOWN!
4 infusions…I think I am up to 10 for the day of overall teas…

ScottTeaMan

OK, in my first reviw on Steepster I reviewed Upton’s Peppermint giving it a 97. I know ratings are subjective, But if you reread my review, I find it very good. So, now I’m wondering, ‘Just how good is this peppermint?’, and ‘Is it really better than Upton’s?’ I definitely have to add this to my shopping list.

LiberTEAS

I have personally not tried Upton’s peppermint, but I can say from personal experience with this peppermint from Teapigs that is is VERY good… certainly one of the best I’ve tried too.

TeaEqualsBliss

I haven’t had Uptons either…sorry…but if you like intense mint like I do this one should be up your alley :)

Nancy Seeger

I’m a huge Peppermint fan and after Teavana dropped it, switched to Cultinary Tea Peppermint but fairly sure they are reselling. Great to know you like this – will try!

ScottTeaMan

Thanks Bliss.

Nancy, after SpecialTeas went OOB, I got an email referring me to Teavana. After checking out their site, I’m not anxious to place a tea order there anytime soon. I did like some of their accessories though.

My supply of this is getting low – just as well, herbals don’t have a very long shelf life.

Exhilarating and fresh. I contemplated adding some of this to my ultimate chocolate rooibos from 52Teas (still might do that) have a chocolate mint treat.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

I had one lonely tea bag I had in a sandwich baggie just floating around, really just waiting for a day when I had a massive headache. Yesterday was that day. I think mint helps my headaches more than any aspirin. And since I never have any mint except tea. This one was surprisingly delicious considering it is years old and I have no idea how old it actually is (I took it out of a non-Steepster teabox.) But this teabag had a ridiculous amount of mint. The next day when my headache was gone, I resteeped this with some of Harney’s Valentine (Chocolate!) Very delicious! But this rating is just for the mint.. it could have only been better years ago!

TeaKlutz

Mint helping with headaches? Hmm. I wonder if I should keep some around at work…

I remember when Teapigs used to claim that this tea would stay green, and not turn a muddy brown like every other mint tea going. I can’t remember whether it was ever true, but it certainly isn’t now. Swampy it is. It at least smells fresh, though, and is very strongly minty.

To taste, this is one of the more pleasant mint teas I’ve tried so far. There’s never all that much between them, but I suppose this one has quite large leaves still, so it doesn’t become over strong too quickly. I gave this about three minutes, and was rewarded with a cooling, refreshing, definitely minty tea, but without the resemblances to toothpaste and mouthwash that can sometimes prevail.

I always find drinking mint tea an interesting experience, as it’s both hot and cold at the same time. On a moderately warm spring day, though, it’s quite a welcome sensation. Peppermint tea (and by this I only mean the herbal, rather than blends that include mint) will never be top of my list of favourites, probably because I’ve disliked so many of them. As they go, though, this is by no means a bad one. It’s not outright stunning (can a mint tea really be that anyway?), but it’s certainly better than average.

Very pepperminty, good flavor. It’s a nice, simple peppermint tea. The sachet it nice, and the leaf is of good quality.

Vibrant peppermint tea. Very, very strong (in a good way)

Hooooooeeeee! I love a peppermint tea and this might be the best one I’ve had!

Carol Wattberg

Teapigs? Hmm…njob is paying you well!

Millensby

HOOAAAH!

WOW! This is really, really strong! I don’t usually like peppermint but I thought I’d try this as a cooling tea in summer. It left me feeling as though I have just brushed my teeth, which is a nice sensation. Apart from a slight “dustiness” (I can’t think of any other way to describe it) as it cooled down, this was pretty decent.

This is so pepperminty it makes yer eyes pop oot! Not literally, as that’d be an awful shame, but think of it as somewhat akin to the old Vicks stick under the eyeballs. You know, that trick you used to use to make yourself look like you’d been crying so you could get sent home from school on some emotional trauma charge.
Back to the tea – simply the best peppermint I’ve tasted, although very very spensive. Not an everyday peppermint by any standards! One can but dream. This is a fresh, light mintorama and soothing on the stomach to boot. Buy it noo!

My all time favorite peppermint tea! I love peppermint but usually find that the peppermint teas I drink are too mild, but this one is lovely and quite strong which I love! I also like to drink this if my stomach is upset, it really helps!